Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

201 - 220 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
.. It’s hard to not have them around. I’d like to have another, but what’s it going to be like? Shred the curtains? The couch?

We all are sad being petless! Just not ready....

I feel you bro. My wife insisted she get me a new cat so now I have Bronze #2. He wasn't much like my old cat when we first got him, granted he was a kitten. He is an indoor & outdoor cat where as my first was solely indoor. He's slowly realizing he likes pets and scratches a lot and that I have the best food ;)

After Bronze and before Bronze #2 and his two brothers we had several other cats. One was cool but decided to live on the neighbors farm, the next was such a kunt we gave her back after a week to the farm she came from, and the third, named Hismo, was a great cat until my wife backed over him with the pickup.

It's always a lottery with pets, I know I won the jackpot with my old buddy so my expectations are pretty low. He was such a great cat.

·
Super Moderator
7,467 Posts
I feel you bro. My wife insisted she get me a new cat so now I have Bronze #2. He wasn't much like my old cat when we first got him, granted he was a kitten. He is an indoor & outdoor cat where as my first was solely indoor. He's slowly realizing he likes pets and scratches a lot and that I have the best food ;)

After Bronze and before Bronze #2 and his two brothers we had several other cats. One was cool but decided to live on the neighbors farm, the next was such a kunt we gave her back after a week to the farm she came from, and the third, named Hismo, was a great cat until my wife backed over him with the pickup.

It's always a lottery with pets, I know I won the jackpot with my old buddy so my expectations are pretty low. He was such a great cat.

My cat is the best I've had, she's not too rough when playing and biting because I thought her to not bite too hard. She likes to nap on me while watching TV. But she doesn't listen she still jumps on the table or counter tops when I'm in the living room. By the time I try to catch her in the act she already jumped off and comes to rub on my leg.

If I do something in the yard or organizing the truck the cat will meow from the catio and continue to meow until I put her on the leash. I can easily cut the claws with the GF.

·
Super Moderator
7,481 Posts

My Tom that passed two weeks around the same day was named after my first cat, Skeekers, the The Skeekers #1 couldn’t meow, only squeak and I couldn’t pronounce Squeakers. Skeekers #2 earned some colorful nicknames over his 14 years! Died of a broken heart in my lap after the loss of his sister.

My best cat was Crabby, or Crabit. She was an amazing minx! She was a hunter and fisher! I was amazed when I saw her catch a blue gill off the beaver dam!she brought us everything from squirrels to almost full grown rabbits!

I want a new pet! Mostly for my kid, but after 14 years of the same two... I guess it’s the same if my wife were to die at the same time. Not ready yet.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
...........Skeekers #1 couldn’t meow, only squeak and I couldn’t pronounce Squeakers. ......

Bronze was the same way, he'd open his mouth to meow but nothing would come out. He never needed to really meow and get my attention since he was always with me. He was also deaf so I assume he felt some vibration in his throat and just couldn't tell he wasn't actually meowing.

For like two years he lived with my sister and he slowly started squeaking because he would sit in the kitchen and try to meow at the door thinking I was on the other side. He would sleep on top of the kitchen table so I'd see him if I walked in.

That cat purred louder than any other cat I've ever met. I felt so bad when I left him with my sister. Occasionally I would sleep on her couch with him overnight.

·
Super Moderator
7,481 Posts
Went to look at a job today for a repeat customer. Bottom of his sink fell apart. I’ll post a pic of it too.:surprise:

Anyhow, he wasn’t there, but his parents were in town from Indiana or something. Apparently he just had a divorce, travels for work, almost never home, wants to sell the house....

Well, apparently he’s looking to rehome Manny, he’s 10 years old, very friendly, cuddle bug, not hyper at all, but still very active. The one and only concern is how much he licks himself. I don’t really see any lack of fur or anything, he really only did that when the people were just standing around talking. If everyone was walking around he was too. Boredom lick? He’s also very photo shy!

I hate to put it this way, but when I’m looking at a used vehicle, I either bring it to my mechanic, or my mechanic to it. I’m thinking about talking to the HO about health issues, habits, issues and maybe ask to bring him to my vet for a check up on my dime.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #210
Went to look at a job today for a repeat customer. Bottom of his sink fell apart. I’ll post a pic of it too.:surprise:

Anyhow, he wasn’t there, but his parents were in town from Indiana or something. Apparently he just had a divorce, travels for work, almost never home, wants to sell the house....

Well, apparently he’s looking to rehome Manny, he’s 10 years old, very friendly, cuddle bug, not hyper at all, but still very active. The one and only concern is how much he licks himself. I don’t really see any lack of fur or anything, he really only did that when the people were just standing around talking. If everyone was walking around he was too. Boredom lick? He’s also very photo shy!

I hate to put it this way, but when I’m looking at a used vehicle, I either bring it to my mechanic, or my mechanic to it. I’m thinking about talking to the HO about health issues, habits, issues and maybe ask to bring him to my vet for a check up on my dime.
I would never adopt an old dog like that, sounds cruel, but if I get attached to a dog I would like the dog to be around for a long time in good health..how many more years do you think that dog will be in good health or alive?? its not a giant breed but has some size, and they say the bigger the dog the shorter the life..those are my thoughts..

·
Registered
8,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #213
The new pup, picked her up last night.
thats a cutie.....I still taking a sabbatical from dogs, after 30 years straight the break is nice and having to put 2 down so close together wasnt easy to get over...
down the road when I move upstate full time I will look into getting another 2, but untill then im not looking..if a dog finds me under the right circumstances , then I will consider getting one sooner...

·
Super Moderator
7,481 Posts
We’ve been petless for just over a year since our 14y/o kitties died. We’ve recently had the chance to foster/adopt a cat from a friend, we both said no after consideration.

This morning the wife showed me a kitten up for adoption.

IDK. I want a pet again, just don’t think I’m there yet.

·
Registered
8,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #217
We’ve been petless for just over a year since our 14y/o kitties died. We’ve recently had the chance to foster/adopt a cat from a friend, we both said no after consideration.

you will know and feel when the time is right...it will just come to you one day...

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
thats a cutie.....I still taking a sabbatical from dogs, after 30 years straight the break is nice and having to put 2 down so close together wasnt easy to get over...
down the road when I move upstate full time I will look into getting another 2, but untill then im not looking..if a dog finds me under the right circumstances , then I will consider getting one sooner...
A house isn’t a home without a dog

·
Registered
2,738 Posts

What are you Canadian? On this forum it seems like Americans have dogs and every Canadian has a cat only

201 - 220 of 227 Posts