Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

181 - 200 of 227 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,470 Posts
Skeekers, Ina’s brother, TOD, on my lap, 2:46pm 8/16/19.

Time to dig another hole. Wife and kid are enjoying the day at a water park with grandma and a bunch of friends. Burial Will happen when they return after a viewing when they return.

We now have no pets.
What? Oh that's sad. I really feel for you.

·
Super Moderator
7,483 Posts
What? Oh that's sad. I really feel for you.
He went peacefully, almost 15, outlasted his sister by a couple of weeks. A few last gasps and asleep forever. I’m just glad both of them had good long healthy lives. Both had their issues early in life, but were taken care of.

I knew this was coming. Honestly, I’m glad both of them had a full life! $hithead, the one that just passed loved to lay in the middle of the road.... how he never got hit is a mystery!

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Bronze #2 has been awol for 24hrs now. His brothers are fine though one is missing his collar. My hope is that someone took him in. The other two definitely smell like they have been in someones home that burns wood.

This is the last picture I took of him, sunday, 3 in the afternoon. He was getting to be a pretty darn good cat.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Bronze #2 has been awol for 24hrs now. His brothers are fine though one is missing his collar. My hope is that someone took him in. The other two definitely smell like they have been in someones home that burns wood.

This is the last picture I took of him, sunday, 3 in the afternoon. He was getting to be a pretty darn good cat.
Has he come home yet?

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Has he come home yet?

HE'S SAFE!!!

Friday night the neighbor came over and said he thought our cat was in his garage. I had told him our cat was missing a couple days earlier when I saw him at the grocery store. He went in to get his tractor like wednesday and saw stuff knocked over on his shelves so he set out food and water. Thursday it was gone so he set out more and this time he looked in the window friday and saw him.

I grabbed some dino nuggets and drove down to his place. Bronze came right out when I saw him, ignored the food and was so happy when I picked him up. He was purring and vibrating with fear because the neighbor was there and his big cat was waiting outside to get bronze. I put him in the van, he walked in back and came back up front, jumped on my seat and half climbed on me as I stood in the door.

Poor guy, 5 days in solitary. He definitely appreciates me more now, been following me around non stop, and not just when I have food!

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
He has a pretty good, healed scratch on top of his nose and part of his whisker area. I think this whole thing started when the neighbors cat attacked bronze and he hid in the garage. The guy put his tractor away and I am sure bronze wasn't gonna come out for a while.

I also now think that cat got the other two cats collar/tag. He often comes around our house to fight them. Joke will be on him when they get a little older, three on one will fock him up good!

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
He has a pretty good, healed scratch on top of his nose and part of his whisker area. I think this whole thing started when the neighbors cat attacked bronze and he hid in the garage. The guy put his tractor away and I am sure bronze wasn't gonna come out for a while.

I also now think that cat got the other two cats collar/tag. He often comes around our house to fight them. Joke will be on him when they get a little older, three on one will fock him up good!

Cats aren’t bright enough to team up and protect each other like dogs would. Cats are every man for themselves.

·
4th year apprentice
383 Posts
That cat carrier is unique, but I seem to remember a veterinarian from Texas a few years ago who developed one that was even easier and simpler to use. She pasted her photo with it all over the internet.

Studies have shown that the average lifespan of indoor cats is roughly twice that of those let outdoors to roam unattended.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Cats aren’t bright enough to team up and protect each other like dogs would. Cats are every man for themselves.

As someone who has had about 20 pet cats over the course of my life I beg to differ. This is actually the second time I have had a trio of brothers and they are remarkably similar to the first set. Cats who are raised together in a busy environment tend to stick together.

Years back with the other three we had a maine coon. He was about 8 when we got the three kittens. The first couple years he would occasionally pick on one and the other two would immediately jump on him.

Reactions: chonkie and Debo22

·
Registered
8,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #192

I dont think so, just look at the lions that move around in a large organized group, they are of the cat family , even though they are not house cats, but the animal instinct is in there genes..now there can be some dumb cats. look in any group from man to insect and you will find inferior and superior specimens...

·
Registered
790 Posts

·
The captain of plumbing
290 Posts
If you want to talk big cats, here's our boys we had some years ago

Johnny and Cash 2012-12-24.jpg

Brothers Johnny and Cash, On the right Mr. Cash weighed nearly 40 pounds

They went to the cat house in the sky a few years back, we miss them a lot

Here's our current set of Toms

Cats 2019.jpg

In the front Elvis, and litter mates orange Baxter and Avery, they do a fine job of controlling the mice and other critters on our property

·
Registered
8,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #197
Ive been dogless for about 2 years, 2 summers ago both my dogs about a month apart had to get put down, first togo was my lab mix, he bloated and most likely organ failure, he was 10+ years old and them my female dobie mix, she was over 15 years old and was having issues for some time and then she crashed and had to be put down...
after that im taking a break..its been over 30 years straight having dogs....the house is empty and quiet , but losing 2 so close together sorta was the straw that broke the camels back ...I really dont want to go through that again...
I tell myself and others someday I will get more dogs but the time has to feel right, and it doesnt yet....

181 - 200 of 227 Posts