Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

Shirts, What do you recommend?

5K views 33 replies 11 participants last post by  goeswiththeflow 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a decent quality polo style shirt that will be good for a work shirt. It needs to be extra long to avoid the "crack". I'm used to wearing Duluth Trading longtail T-shirt and I like them but for my own business I am looking for a polo style shirt that looks a little more professional but I did not find any at Duluth Trading that I liked. What can you guys recommend for shirts?

#3 · (Edited)
In my opinion, one of the best things you can do when you’re staring out or tying to build your business, is gettin “you’re business branding” out there.
How? A great place to start is by making company shirts(regardless if it for 1 or 10 +ppl), it’s relatively cheap and it instantly makes you look very professional and organized, esp With branded polo/ Golf shirts, provided they’re clean, and not covered in ABS/PVC glue.
You’re going to want to stand out from other plumbing companies and not look like the average Construction worker- by wearing a cheap orange shirt (sorry sparky...)

Get a good recommendation for a local clothing printer/embroider. They will have plenty of options for shirts/clothing. Then have your logo/company name embroidered onto your shirts, hoodies, hats, jackets etc of your choice.

My embroider allows me to supply my own clothing, hats, etc.

It’s better to get your logo embroidered vs printed, cuz It stands up better in the wash over time, and it looks better...
Screen Printed logos will crack and wear within 6 months.

#4 ·

Polo shirts make plumbers look like used car salesmen. Polo shirts are for "techs".

We get extra long all cotton tee shirts made by port and company. We buy them through our screenprinter.

#9 ·
I totally agree with what Logtech said.
If you purchase uniform pants make sure to get your logo on them somewhere also otherwise you don't get the tax write off.
I have both Polo's and T-shirts, I got my polos through Cintas uniform company and my t-shirts from my local screenprint shop.
Develop your brand and get it out there everywhere possible, cards, website, uniforms, company vehicles, Facebook, any equipment you own, and STICKERS!!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.