Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a decent quality polo style shirt that will be good for a work shirt. It needs to be extra long to avoid the "crack". I'm used to wearing Duluth Trading longtail T-shirt and I like them but for my own business I am looking for a polo style shirt that looks a little more professional but I did not find any at Duluth Trading that I liked. What can you guys recommend for shirts?

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I'm looking for a decent quality polo style shirt that will be good for a work shirt. It needs to be extra long to avoid the "crack". I'm used to wearing Duluth Trading longtail T-shirt and I like them but for my own business I am looking for a polo style shirt that looks a little more professional but I did not find any at Duluth Trading that I liked. What can you guys recommend for shirts?
That would be the last of my worries if I was starting up a new business from scratch,I recommend going to Walmart and get the orange "dickey's" shirt with a pocke,I still wear them today,they cool in summer and I wear a thermal under them in wintertime,8-10 bucks a shirt you write off your taxes

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
In my opinion, one of the best things you can do when you’re staring out or tying to build your business, is gettin “you’re business branding” out there.
How? A great place to start is by making company shirts(regardless if it for 1 or 10 +ppl), it’s relatively cheap and it instantly makes you look very professional and organized, esp With branded polo/ Golf shirts, provided they’re clean, and not covered in ABS/PVC glue.
You’re going to want to stand out from other plumbing companies and not look like the average Construction worker- by wearing a cheap orange shirt (sorry sparky...)

Get a good recommendation for a local clothing printer/embroider. They will have plenty of options for shirts/clothing. Then have your logo/company name embroidered onto your shirts, hoodies, hats, jackets etc of your choice.

My embroider allows me to supply my own clothing, hats, etc.

It’s better to get your logo embroidered vs printed, cuz It stands up better in the wash over time, and it looks better...
Screen Printed logos will crack and wear within 6 months.

·
Registered
4,798 Posts

Polo shirts make plumbers look like used car salesmen. Polo shirts are for "techs".

We get extra long all cotton tee shirts made by port and company. We buy them through our screenprinter.

·
Registered
Service Plumber
126 Posts
I totally agree with what Logtech said.
If you purchase uniform pants make sure to get your logo on them somewhere also otherwise you don't get the tax write off.
I have both Polo's and T-shirts, I got my polos through Cintas uniform company and my t-shirts from my local screenprint shop.
Develop your brand and get it out there everywhere possible, cards, website, uniforms, company vehicles, Facebook, any equipment you own, and STICKERS!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I totally agree with what Logtech said.
If you purchase uniform pants make sure to get your logo on them somewhere also otherwise you don't get the tax write off.
I have both Polo's and T-shirts, I got my polos through Cintas uniform company and my t-shirts from my local screenprint shop.
Develop your brand and get it out there everywhere possible, cards, website, uniforms, company vehicles, Facebook, any equipment you own, and STICKERS!!!!!!!
Wrong

·
Registered
Service Plumber
126 Posts
Correct,if you dont write it off you can't make anything
My statement was not about how you do things but rather what is legal, I will not risk my business by trying to save a hundred dollars in taxes.
But then again, if you are a registered CPA and can show me how I am WRONG then I will gladly come back here and tell everyone exactly how smart you really are.

·
Registered
9,588 Posts
My statement was not about how you do things but rather what is legal, I will not risk my business by trying to save a hundred dollars in taxes.
But then again, if you are a registered CPA and can show me how I am WRONG then I will gladly come back here and tell everyone exactly how smart you really are.
your wrong, you dont need company logos on clothing to be tax deductable...now if YOU were a smart business person..you hire a CPA to get ALL the tax deductions you can get...biggest problem is, most plumbers are good plumbers and lousy business people...

·
Registered
Service Plumber
126 Posts
your wrong, you dont need company logos on clothing to be tax deductable...now if YOU were a smart business person..you hire a CPA to get ALL the tax deductions you can get...biggest problem is, most plumbers are good plumbers and lousy business people...
Not according to my CPA who tells me that they have to be logo'd or else they cannot be considered uniforms.
Are you telling me I need to hire a new CPA?

·
Registered
9,588 Posts
Not according to my CPA who tells me that they have to be logo'd or else they cannot be considered uniforms.
Are you telling me I need to hire a new CPA?
yes get a new CPA, sounds like the one you have is scared of his own shadow and is afraid to take the proper deductions for you..

·
Registered
Service Plumber
126 Posts
OK, seems like I AM wrong, or rather mislead by my CPA.
I will have to begin the search for a new one.
Thanks for the assistance from everyone.

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
OK, seems like I AM wrong, or rather mislead by my CPA.
I will have to begin the search for a new one.
Thanks for the assistance from everyone.
Would you take the word of a hack over a real plumber?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts