Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All ,,, I DO NOT buy into infomercials ,,, However , this Shamwow towel thing is truly amazing ! I am starting to use them for everything !

Let me say this DO NOT get the cheap knock offs ,,, get the real ones from germany ,,, the ones with the wacky dude on t.v.

I drain a toilet and tank quickly and with a lot less mess then a sponge . Have them under a sink and it soaks up all that excess water when changing faucets , ,,, just all kind of things .

Machine wash and go again !!

They work on everything and I just wanted ,my plumbing siblings to know!

Cal

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was shocked at how well they work !!

Cal

·
Always Something
1,369 Posts
"Hi it's Vince from Sham Wow"

The only reason I didn't buy any was because I saw it on TV too. I just refuse to buy crap off tv....but if you guys say it works well. How well does it wash out with flux and grease and other stuff on it?

·
LeMarr Plumbing, Inc.
772 Posts
Awesome, a real testimonial! I will need to get some.
I use a 2 gallon shop vac to get the water out of the stools. I love it.

In Christ,

Song Dog

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Awesome, a real testimonial! I will need to get some.
I use a 2 gallon shop vac to get the water out of the stools. I love it.

In Christ,

Song Dog
I to use a wet vac, mine is 5 gal, I use the wet vac in many ways, like removing the water out of a meter box to fix a leak, when cutting a line to remove the water from the line needed to get fixed in a quick way, removing the water from a 20 gal water heater which inlet is on the bottom side, no drain valve, and drain valve never was was installed when new. :no:

·
Registered
112 Posts
I use a shop vac for toilets too. If I am just working on the tank, I stick a coffee can below the fill valve and let the remainder drain when I pull the valve.

I think I'll get some of these though. I can see many uses for it like under a sink. I always make a mess :)

I'll second the question - How well does flux and all the other nasty stuff wash out of them? What can you *not* use it on?

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What I have done is this ,,, use one to a point of death / discard ,,, then it becomes my solder rag . At that point ,when it is too fluxed up it gets discarded .

You can wash these things in the clothes washer ( DO NOT ,NOT PUT IN DRYER )
But I don't want flux / grease etc in my washer .
IMHO
Cal

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I use a piece of rubber pan material THEN a Shamwow under sinks , vanities ,etc .

Really protects the cabinet . Easy clean up :)

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Guess they could change there ad on TV to say 9 out of every 10 plumbers recommend them. :laughing:

·
I aint CPV see in it?
4,896 Posts
I to use a wet vac, mine is 5 gal, I use the wet vac in many ways, like removing the water out of a meter box to fix a leak, when cutting a line to remove the water from the line needed to get fixed in a quick way, removing the water from a 20 gal water heater which inlet is on the bottom side, no drain valve, and drain valve never was was installed when new. :no:
I use the wet vac as well, i have the milwalkuee one that looks like a toolbox, but what the hell, it aint a tool box, its really a wet vac!!!

·
Banned
1,644 Posts
Yea, I also use a wet vac but mine is 55 gallon :thumbup:

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Yea, I also use a wet vac but mine is 55 gallon :thumbup:

You have a picture of this, never seen a 55 gal wet-vac. :no:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts