Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Plumbing and Construction
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a homeowner who asked us to install a jet pump for a shallow well (45 feet). This is the crap that came out of that well. Looks like the well has collapsed to me. what do you guys think.

fa9c368a-a70b-4174-8620-c45602452273.jpg

22f93828-0fc9-4d74-a297-9155e3d28ed1.jpg

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
It's probably just because it hasn't been used in a while. Set it up to run full bore to clean it up. Full bore as in 1" poly off the pump sticking out a window.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
It's probably just because it hasn't been used in a while. Set it up to run full bore to clean it up. Full bore as in 1" poly off the pump sticking out a window.
Had a homeowner who asked us to install a jet pump for a shallow well (45 feet). This is the crap that came out of that well. Looks like the well has collapsed to me. what do you guys think.

View attachment 129587

View attachment 129588 View attachment 129589
It's to shallow is the problem,containamaned

·
Registered
Plumbing and Construction
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's to shallow is the problem,containamaned
In my area, when we swap out mobile homes, we have to call environmental health to approve re-connect for the well and septic tank. All the work is done out there. We opted to NOT make the final connection between the well and the septic so there is zero risk that anyone will try to use it. Told the owner he'd need to get a well contractor out there; that he may need to drill a new well. All of his neighbors have deep wells (approx. 150 feet deep).

·
Registered
61 Posts
I always found that letting it sit and not running it always gave better results than running it. Every pump we pull and change always results in brown water for a day or two and runs itself clean.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts