Today we repaired an 8-inch SDR-35 sewer main. We found a root mass in the pipe during CCTV inspection. We got most of it out with our Vactor truck and Warthog nozzle, but we just had to dig. Top of sewer main at 9-foot. We had no other utilities in our delineation, but the soil was like concrete. We finally got down to the repair area after a couple hours. My operator KO'd a sewer lateral that was not supposed to exist. Had the area shored up, cleaned up pipe and found our problem. The problem being the lateral connection to the main. Instead of installing SDR 8x4 wye, they hole saw the main, cut the 4-inch off a wye, and hose clamped on the main. Perfect candidate for root intrusion. Lateral was in ABS-all repair done in SDR. That's me in the Green shirt, i covered up company logo, don't want to upset anyone at my district. hope you enjoy.