Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
yeah who the hell needs to follow rules, lets just let all the hacks post , ask questions and never check to see if anyone is actually in the plumbing industry..that should make it much better here....
and I know how difficult it is to form some sentences to tell everyone about yourself and your experience and the company you work for, god help you if its more than 15 lines as that would be such a strain on some brains....
it seems back in the day( before my time ) here when some more people had a set, they would make sure you did an intro and were alot worse with language than now....
We should invite all the do it your selfer's since we no longer need intros. We'll tell admin to shut down their sister DIY site, remove the banner on this site on the top right "Plumbing Pros Only" and be a merry bunch of lazy free for alls. We should remove the pipe wrench in the Plumbing Zone logo and replace it with some duct tape and Sharkk bittes.
No where have I suggested any of that.

Can you guys show me where a new member is told they must post an introduction when they sign up?

·
Registered
8,959 Posts
yeah who the hell needs to follow rules, lets just let all the hacks post , ask questions and never check to see if anyone is actually in the plumbing industry..that should make it much better here....
and I know how difficult it is to form some sentences to tell everyone about yourself and your experience and the company you work for, god help you if its more than 15 lines as that would be such a strain on some brains....
it seems back in the day( before my time ) here when some more people had a set, they would make sure you did an intro and were alot worse with language than now....
We should invite all the do it your selfer's since we no longer need intros. We'll tell admin to shut down their sister DIY site, remove the banner on this site on the top right "Plumbing Pros Only" and be a merry bunch of lazy free for alls. We should remove the pipe wrench in the Plumbing Zone logo and replace it with some duct tape and Sharkk bittes.
No where have I suggested any of that.

Can you guys show me where a new member is told they must post an introduction when they sign up?

https://www.plumbingzone.com/f3/why-post-intro-11368/

·
Super Moderator
7,459 Posts
Thanks. So are all new members taken directly to that post?
I send them or any other member on the forum can link to the intro page. I included some ideas to include in their description because we have had too many posting one liner intros, some of them pretending to be plumbers to get free help. You won't see them because they were banned and posts erased.

Last year we've had a handy hack posing as a 1st year apprentice and he ended up getting plenty of advice until we figured he was doing illegal plumbing.

·
Ridgid tool user
4,909 Posts
You're welcome to come to my shop in Illinois for hands on training with pipe lining and pipe coating. Spend a few hours or all day learning about the different methods, equipment and materials. AD DELETED Also, someone mentioned the reduced size of a lined pipe being an issue. We have testing showing increased flow with less friction and no joints. Also mentioned was the cost compared to digging. This is correct. Lining is typically done to preserve sidewalks, driveways, slabs, landscape, etc.
Hey real quick everyone....Ben Lehman is one of the good guys in the lining industry. This isn't a solicited endorsement either....I've bought renssi stuff from him and know alot that buy lining material from him. He's a regular working guy like us, he may not be computer or web savvy but there's no hidden agendas unlike alot of the distributors and manufacturers in our industry. He's always been on the straight with me and he's on my short list of recommended distributors.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks gear junkie. I actually joined this 4 1/2 years ago and don't remember the intro requirement. I'm definitely not web savvy like you said. I see the emails with different topics that usually don't pertain to me. Recently I saw one showing a thread on pipe lining. It made me revisit this site. Wow, tough crowd! Thanks again to you and some of the others who weren't all over me for this lack of intro.

·
Registered
8,959 Posts
Thanks gear junkie. I actually joined this 4 1/2 years ago and don't remember the intro requirement. I'm definitely not web savvy like you said. I see the emails with different topics that usually don't pertain to me. Recently I saw one showing a thread on pipe lining. It made me revisit this site. Wow, tough crowd! Thanks again to you and some of the others who weren't all over me for this lack of intro.

so the ones that ask you to follow the rules are what????

·
Super Moderator
7,459 Posts
Tough crowd?? It's only polite to introduce yourself so we know what kind of person you are and path you followed. Back then mods were practically non existent and absent, like I said previously too many hacks, marketers, spammers diy trying to join.

An introduction in today's online places is like a handshake with the group.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts