Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I Like Tater Tots
Plumber since 1979. 42 years and still rollin'
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I settled on a Standard 200’ SeeSnake with Tru Sense, CS6x monitor and a Scout locator. What format do you guys find useful for making reports on lateral inspections?
Diy?
Ridgid HQ?
3rd party app or software?
Other?
I’ve never operated cameras but have seen it done a lot as I always subbed that out.

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
I have the 200' and the C65 monitor. We pop a jump drive in a slot and record away. Only specialized reports get dates, times, job names, etc. Of course charge extra for video recordings.

·
I Like Tater Tots
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the 200' and the C65 monitor. We pop a jump drive in a slot and record away. Only specialized reports get dates, times, job names, etc. Of course charge extra for video recordings.
Thanks Dave,
I'm looking for examples of reports for lets say inspections for real estate transactions for example. A nice format to present vs "Here's your video, watch it for more information"
I would have video links and pictures in the report i'm thinking.
Home Brewed?
3rd party?
What's out there?
Thanks

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
Thanks Dave,
I'm looking for examples of reports for lets say inspections for real estate transactions for example. A nice format to present vs "Here's your video, watch it for more information"
Home Brewed?
3rd party?
What's out there?
Thanks
We're more of an old fashioned group, not as accustomed to things like video hosting and website design.

I think you might be asking for something beyond the technical expertise of most of us on this forum. That said someone on here will likely have some advice. I usually just hand them the usb stick and let them copy the folder of pictures/video onto their computer.

Perhaps a cheap usb flash drive mailed to the customer would be a good option.

If you insist on hosting videos I would speak with a website designer. You could embed private youtube videos into non-published web pages on your company website. Then just send the customer an email including a link to the page of your website.

·
I Like Tater Tots
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Perhaps I’m not making it clear. I’m not looking to host videos. They may be on you tube or a 3rd party app or whatever.
Maybe I should ask if there’s a good inspection report template or 3rd party app to use. Think home inspection reports.
im thinking a PDF with job information, pictures, video link and a summary of our findings. thanks

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
Perhaps I’m not making it clear. I’m not looking to host videos. They may be on you tube or a 3rd party app or whatever.
Maybe I should ask if there’s a good inspection report template or 3rd party app to use. Think home inspection reports.
im thinking a PDF with job information, pictures, video link and a summary of our findings. thanks
I think what you're looking for doesn't exist.

Sounds like you want a program that you can type everything into, attach a video file, and it will spit out a .pdf and upload a video for you.

I suggest making your own .pdf template and uploading the videos as private on youtube.

Reactions: MACPLUMB777

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Thanks Dave,
Home Brewed?
3rd party?
What's out there?
Thanks

Super easy. Record your video screen with your cell phone. Customer can be looking at a video in moments. Heck, you can even facetime them.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I’ve used Ridgid connect for a long time. It has its positives and negatives. One thing I do like- I can limit how many views the report can have and I can turn off viewing all together.

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
Super easy. Record your video screen with your cell phone. Customer can be looking at a video in moments. Heck, you can even facetime them.
You can get a usb adapter so you can copy the files from the usb thumb drive onto your phone. Assuming your phone is newer, roughly less than 10years old.

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
You can get a usb adapter so you can copy the files from the usb thumb drive onto your phone. Assuming your phone is newer, roughly less than 10years old.

I'm talking quick recording. Bring it inside the house/business and show the customer type recording. Or email a quick video.

·
I Like Tater Tots
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the replies. I’m only looking to do formal detailed reports for real estate transaction related inspections. Other will be a simple “here’s your video” type of deal. I’ll keep looking and let you know if I find a good template or create my own. Thanks for the input.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts