Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Took my Ridgid standard reel to See-Scan In San Diego. I want to make sure the unit is in good working order. If it is not I can contact the seller and negotiate for any needed repairs. The See-Scan rep said that it looked like it had just been stored and not used much but there was some markings on the reel that it had been worked on by See-Scan. Hopefully it is an awesome shape! Just wanted to check since I wont be buying a monitor soon.

·
Registered
876 Posts
One: Bandit is actually a good ebay seller all of his Seesnakes are usually low use units. Two: Metrotech / Vivax are not really top shelf cameras they sell lots of stuff that is like locators and transmitters but never really good cameras. Coupled with a newer modern Ridgid monitor you should be all set for the 3" on up lines.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Got the Camera and bought two different types of skids. the wrap around half ball and the star pattern for 3" drains. They had them for a 6" drain that you could trim down to 4" but I will wait and see if it is needed. The See-Scan repair guns said the reason it is so heavy is because it has 335' on the drum. they told me that it has been barely used. They thought it was a good deal.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·

Video of Camera in action
I pulled my toilet and used this camera to look at my sewer towards my septic tank, noticed there were a few bellies in the line where water stayed. A lot of it is under concrete. The camera worked pretty good do not know how durable it will be time will tell? So next time toilet doesn't flush well might be solids and toilet paper setting in the belly of the sewer:confused:

41 - 60 of 72 Posts