Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Kind of up in the air on which camera to buy Ridgid is having a promotion and was thinking of the M40 or C40 But I would like a longer cable out to 200' so possibly the 200' mini true sense with the Cx6 versa? I believe I would get some dealer support with Ridgid reps in my area. Also the Metrotech guy said he would offer training and support and possibly borrow a camera while mine was being repaired.

·
Registered
21 Posts
It's great you've joined but you better post a proper introduction in the new member introduction area. That is the rule for all new members.

Vendors have special rules they must follow, you may not be able to post in ways you want. Also, this is not a place for free advertising. I'm not an admin, just giving you a friendly warning.
Appreciate the advice! Not here to advertise, just answer questions. A friend told me Hathorn had been mentioned. I'll check out the rules, thanks again.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Chris tell me about the line tracing function?
Hey rooterboy the line tracing function is probably similar to other systems, a modification to the reel allows you to hook up a transmitter, that lights up the line. Then you can trace it with a standard locator. We use Rycom, but any locator that can detect 512hz will work with our rig. Here's my email, drop me a line if you'd like a spec sheet or have any other questions. [email protected]

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
The 'cheaper vendors' always claim stuff like that. Same as the local jetter manufacturer here, they use a Hatz or Kohler or something and claim my Mongoose Caterpillar engine is made by somebody else. Could be I suppose but there's always a dig at the better manufacturers. Just buy a Ridgid. My Seasnake Compact is 10(?) years old and gets used daily/weekly by multiple plumbers.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I have a full size and mini. You could probably get the full size down a 2” vent as long as it’s a straight shot and it increases in size before the bend.

If it’s cast iron forget it. Ain’t happening.

the mini will make more bends in smaller pipe but won’t push as far.

Contrary to what manufacturers want you to believe, there is no cam that does it all.

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
I have a full size and mini. You could probably get the full size down a 2” vent as long as it’s a straight shot and it increases in size before the bend.

If it’s cast iron forget it. Ain’t happening.

the mini will make more bends in smaller pipe but won’t push as far.

Contrary to what manufacturers want you to believe, there is no cam that does it all.
I have a couple of Ridgid micro reels for really small inspections but we rarely use them.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 · (Edited)
Vividia VS-749 All-in-One Pipe Sewer Drain Inspection Camera

Well I bought a 2nd camera. i have the standard ridgid reel coming I will buy a monitor later for it. This looks like the same camera that "Penetrator'" form YouTube used It has a color camera a sonde a self leveling head 130'. So for less than the price of a used ridgid monitor I get a complete mini

·
Super Moderator
3,607 Posts
  • Touchpad Input device Output device Space bar Office equipment

1-1/2″ – 4″ Lines
  • 1″ 1080P High Definition Self Leveling Color Camera Head with 8X Zoom Feature
  • Spring with Built in 512Hz Transmitter
  • 10.2″ LCD Monitor with DVR, Speaker and Microphone for Voice Recording
  • Keyboard for Text Writing
  • 100′ of 3/8″ Flexible Push Rod to Easily Maneuver Bends in Any Pipe
  • Durable Protective Case with Partitioned Reel Housing for Quick Removal and Cleaning
  • Three Additional Input Connections For Use with the 200′, 400′ and Pan & Tilt Reels
  • Works with AC and DC Power (7hr Battery Life)
  • Includes: 2 Skids with Quick Change Adaptor
  • 64gb SD Card with USB, Micro USB and USB-C Adaptor and Charging Cord

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
  • View attachment 132276

1-1/2″ – 4″ Lines
  • 1″ 1080P High Definition Self Leveling Color Camera Head with 8X Zoom Feature
  • Spring with Built in 512Hz Transmitter
  • 10.2″ LCD Monitor with DVR, Speaker and Microphone for Voice Recording
  • Keyboard for Text Writing
  • 100′ of 3/8″ Flexible Push Rod to Easily Maneuver Bends in Any Pipe
  • Durable Protective Case with Partitioned Reel Housing for Quick Removal and Cleaning
  • Three Additional Input Connections For Use with the 200′, 400′ and Pan & Tilt Reels
  • Works with AC and DC Power (7hr Battery Life)
  • Includes: 2 Skids with Quick Change Adaptor
  • 64gb SD Card with USB, Micro USB and USB-C Adaptor and Charging Cord
This camera is the same camera from from Vivida for about $2500 dollars on Amazon. So like a lot of things in the plumbing industry companies just rebrand one product and sell it under a different name.

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
That looks like a camera an employee of mine bought while he went out on his own for a few years. He carries it around in my service van currently, insisting he doesn't need to use 1 of our Ridgids. I've been on jobs a couple of times recently and his camera has failed miserably. We had to have one of mine delivered both times.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
The reprehensive from Vivax/Metrotech showed up at my jobsite on a main line I was trying to clear. Ran the k60sp out 120' and could not clear the drain. Friday brought out the big guns the ridgid k1500 again ran the cable out 120 feet cable got jammed so let off on the clutch used a couple of cutters and retrievers no luck? Pulled out a screwdriver one time. So after Steve from Metrotech shows up with a camera we put it down the line and find a bunch of rocks out 109 feet. Cleaning drains without a camera is a real game changer. I liked the camera especially the locator super easy to use and accurate. .Customer wanted to know exact location so he could fix it, I told him he did not pay for a location if he paid me $200 for the location I would tell him the exact location of the blockage and the depth. He is hoping to wash it out with a garden hose blow bag whatever? The guy lives in a huge house in a gated community behind another gate and he is trying to fix it himself, what a cheap customer. I was impressed with the Metrotech camera seems good quality and the customer service and support Steve said lifetime training and free camera loaner while they fix your camera. I am tempted to return Chinese camera and buy the Metrotech.

21 - 40 of 72 Posts