Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They keep calling me and I always told them politely I was not interested and did not like them. A guy just called, long story short I hung up on him because he would not take no, he called right back, 3 more times. I finally had to get nasty and say dont be a scumbag, take a hint, and he hung up on me. I guess out of desperation you do asinine things.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
i just got an email from them saying they'd waive the sign up fee ($99). i talked with them a few months ago and told them no, i wonder if it's worth it with the $99 gone. i guess you still pay for every lead they send you right?

on a related topic, i just hung up on a t-shirt salesman after telling him i don't want to buy any shirts 4 times. "well, this is what i'ma gonna do... i'll give you 48 shirts for just $536. yer gonna be blown away when you see the lazer sharp detail" click.:no:

paul

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Whenever a telemarketer calls me now the first thing I do is ask for his name and billing address. when they ask me why I tell so I can send them a bill for my time I am on the phone with them. If they persist I keep repeating myself till they give me a name and address or hang up on me. Very rude of them I think.

·
I aint CPV see in it?
4,896 Posts
Yep, I hate telemarketers. Service magic could work, if you are the only one in that area using their services, other than that, No way Jose'.

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
I did servicemagic for a while and quit with the same criticism I had heard from others.
1. Invites price shoppers
2.They often hit you with a wrong fee for example a remodel lead charge and the person is looking for a colored toilet and you have to fight to have the charge removed
3.North central Fla. doesnt as a rule shop demand plumbing services on the internet.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I love being a plumber because of the great customer service and value the cream of the industry give their customers. I dont get any kind of good customer service anywhere else. Then to have to pay these companies to compete with handymen at handyman wages, and be treated like meat is what torks me off. Great customer service across the board is the answer to all the worlds problems.(tounge in cheek, but a lot of truth to it)

·
www.DunbarPlumbing.com
5,478 Posts
They keep calling me and I always told them politely I was not interested and did not like them. A guy just called, long story short I hung up on him because he would not take no, he called right back, 3 more times. I finally had to get nasty and say dont be a scumbag, take a hint, and he hung up on me. I guess out of desperation you do asinine things.

Call them back, tell them you just got word from your probation officer that between hair, urine and blood tests on a weekly basis that you can now be safe to work in customer's homes.

:laughing:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts