Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Water Whisperer
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been getting calls from servicelive saying they represent Sears and would I be interested in install Sears garbage.

Anyone know about it? servicelive.com

·
Registered
415 Posts
I was looking at installing sears plumbing 30 years ago....

I've been getting calls from servicelive saying they represent Sears and would I be interested in install Sears garbage.

Anyone know about it? servicelive.com
and they wanted 40% of the gross sales. The pitch was their customers are willing to pay double the going price because they use the sears credit card. That was crazy. I think you could possibly give sears as much as 20% of the gross and do very fine if you know how to squeeze the last drop of blood out of a radish.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have been doing installs for sears for the last 2 years. they are switching over to using sevicelive to send out the installs. when a job is sold they will post it on a website to any installers within 40 miles of the job. the price posted for a dishwasher installed is $73.00. you can except it or except it with a higher price. low bidder gets the job. remember you have to pick up the Dw at the store and discard the old. hope Sears loses there a$$

·
Water Whisperer
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have been doing installs for sears for the last 2 years. they are switching over to using sevicelive to send out the installs. when a job is sold they will post it on a website to any installers within 40 miles of the job. the price posted for a dishwasher installed is $73.00. you can except it or except it with a higher price. low bidder gets the job. remember you have to pick up the Dw at the store and discard the old. hope Sears loses there a$$
Would 375.00 for a d.w. install get it? I see at least 3 hours.

Are you going to continue with Sears?

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
screenshot.jpg

Am I reading that right? Since when does the customer get to name their price for services? Do I go and tell someone what I want to pay for food?

Hate this!! Really makes me not want to grace the plumbing industry with my talents!:furious::furious: :furious:

·
Registered
230 Posts
I got a call about this servicelive thing a couple of days ago and did not have a chance to research it. I am glad I found this thread so I don't have to waste my time going to the website.

This is the way the world has been going for years. You have the electronic stores offering to price match the competitors. Some travel sites let you name what you want to pay for a vacation. Even the grocery stores offer to accept competitors coupons. Now all that crap is finally bleeding over into our industry. Anyone that plays into that game is cutting their own throat, and many of them are to stupid to realize it. They deserve what they get.

·
Registered
104 Posts
View attachment 1157

Am I reading that right? Since when does the customer get to name their price for services? Do I go and tell someone what I want to pay for food?

Hate this!! Really makes me not want to grace the plumbing industry with my talents!:furious::furious: :furious:

I just asked the same question in the craigslist thread about a guy wanting someone to look at a boiler chimney for $60.

I think I'll try that next time I go to the supply house. Uh, yeah, gimme that Ridgid 300 you got there. Here's $200.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts