LeMarr Plumbing, Inc.
772 Posts
I am not but Para1 did.

In Christ,

Song Dog

·
Banned
1,589 Posts
Looked into it briefly about a year ago and from what I could see it was a low grade version of PHCC.
I could very well be wrong, but it just appears to be a meeting place for plumbers to exchange idea's....what a concept.

·
residential service
1,948 Posts
I am not a member, and even though Para didn't find any benefit, $50 is not a lot to find out. If you found one idea that made you money, would it not be worth $50? It's my understanding that you can cancel whenever you wish. Even if you found absolutely nothing of any value whatsoever, would $50 break you? If so then I hate to break it to you but you have much bigger problems.

·
Banned
1,589 Posts
I am not a member, and even though Para didn't find any benefit, $50 is not a lot to find out. If you found one idea that made you money, would it not be worth $50? It's my understanding that you can cancel whenever you wish. Even if you found absolutely nothing of any value whatsoever, would $50 break you? If so then I hate to break it to you but you have much bigger problems.
You have an excellent point.
I don't think the $50 is the issue.
Time, I spend more time chasing potential idea's and sources of work than I care to think about.
99% is dead ends, the logistics of landing any work on a site full of plumbers doesn't seem great.

Gets to the point where you have to trust your instincts and judgement to cut down on lost time...much like estimating and guaging potential customers over the phone for whether they're serious, or just looking to waste your time.

The only potential value I saw in the organization was the exchange of idea's, which in itself can be an oxymoron because my competition won't be up to telling me how to compete with them better, at least not anything better than standard generic advice.

One of the perks here, as with any online professional forum, is the chance to learn from others mistakes, I'm willing to take Para's word on it...unless he's hiding a big secret.

Para...stop being such a hoard willya?!?

·
LeMarr Plumbing, Inc.
772 Posts
I have thought about the Svc Roundtable, and may do it sometime just to check it out.
My biggest asset is actually being a former Fran and doing the marketing now that she said I couldn't do and wouldn't work. UHHMMMM, busier now than I ever was as a Fran. Even the education I got has been an asset to.
Getting other ideas is good to, like Smells, $50 is worth it for a customer or two. The 50 can turn into 1k 2k or 5k. Even if it was a water heater call, it would be worth it for me.

In Christ,

Song Dog

1 - 8 of 8 Posts