Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
www.DunbarPlumbing.com
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you do this?

It's the same as being on a forum, but instead you're getting paid for that information.

Of course, this is being done in the benefit of a homeowner I'm sure.

I found this "on another site" that I go to maybe 6 times a year and this was a gooooogle ad.

Where's the line drawn? I see that plumbers are doing this whether they think it's a steal to the trade or a bargain to the homeowner.

Discuss...

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Do they charge for there answers?

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
No, I wouldn't. I guess one could argue that the particular client that goes there is not going to use me in the first place. However I look at it like this. It is unethical for me to put people in danger. Arming people to flood there own homes is not o.k.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Is there any kind of disclaimer to this site? Seems to me they are opening themselves up to a lawsuit by charging for this info. I read the begining of the thread for a PVC leak in a mainline sewer and the plumber was going to have him unthrread a cap on his sewer mainline without knowing if there was a blockage in the line or not. If some guy was following your advice and had sewage flood his basement it seems like your opening yourself up to liability. I wouldnt go near this site or do this for any amount of money a little knowledge in untrained hands is dangerous!:eek:

·
Certified Lunatic
20,658 Posts
I've heard of that site...
Someone from it PM'd me on another forum telling me about it...
I looked at the site but condidered it Lame as part of it was writing how to articles to not have to pay to post or, some such crap...
Deleted!

·
www.DunbarPlumbing.com
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

UAFITTER693
Plumber
25 Year Experianced Master Licenesed Plumber in Service and Residential

Explain to me what's wrong with this picture:

Union Plumber doing non-union work online giving the trade away for money, Can't spell Licensed OR Experienced...:laughing:

·
Banned
1,589 Posts
It'll take one inspector from a state where DIY plumbing is illegal to ask a question the right way and the site is fined thousands...then shut down.

Once the union guys local gets wind of his activities, he's no longer union.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Quoted for truth.
Unions generally look down upon side work, I think they'd look down at this as well. From what I've heard the union in NYC will go so far as to fire you for doing work in your own home. Pull something like this and you'll probably take a trip off the Throggs Neck.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
It'll take one inspector from a state where DIY plumbing is illegal to ask a question the right way and the site is fined thousands...then shut down.

Our BA down here would have a field day

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
$9 for an answer:laughing:

I asked a question, they had an answer ready but, then asked fer my CC.

No way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts