Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, my name is Alex, I'm 17 years of age and I am looking into a career in plumbing. All I know so far is that to get into plumbing, you need an apprenticeship with a company. I would like to have everything planned out, so that when I turn 18, I can start an apprenticeship and get to training. Although, I have no idea on how to do this, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, is Florida known for good plumbing training/companies/work/etc.?

-Thanks, Alex.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Alex,

It is a GREAT / HARD / Rewarding life . Best of Luck !!

Hope to see you here soon as a fellow plumbing professional !

Cal

·
Banned
1,589 Posts
Immediately ask your guidance counselor about school vocational programs.
In my state you can start apprentice school while in high school, many of these guys have a huge advantage where they're able to get both school and work hours credited while still in high school.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
It doesn't matter where you are in the world. Be prepared to work hard and openminded to learn anything. Best of luck to you learning the most noble and skilled of all the trades.

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Hi, I am glad to hear that you want to be a plumber. Nice to see a 17 year old who knows what he wants in life. But this forum is for apprentice plumbers, master plumbers, and contractors who employ a licensed plumber. And because of Nathans rules I must close this thread. If he feels different then he can re open it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.