Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Water Whisperer
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's totally legal to smoke dope in Washington State and people are coming out of the woodwork to do it. Not only pot tourists, but bums (and some trust fundies) are moving here to smoke in peace.

Imagine if only a few states allowed booze after Prohibition. People would have ran to those states to drink. Same thing is happening in Washington.
Problem is, they smoke all the time. This duplex remodel I'm doing has 8 potheads pretty much smoking all day long.

I damn near fell off a step ladder yesterday (granted I caught a falling brass p-trap and waste and overflow, but still) and have made double the daily mistakes. We've left the place dirty and a wall open. None of that is normal.

There are issues with second hand pot smoke on the job site. The new rule is that we won't work in it.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I could make a bunch of jokes but in reality what you wrote is in fact a problem. I found on jobs like you describe that the crew takes more breaks to eat (not kidding) Our production is slower (but everyone smiles more) And the slight contact high makes me as the boss not 100% on my game when answering the phone to other customers. I will not stop doing the jobs and if I am smart enough to smell or recognize the potential problem I will bid higher (see so many jokes possible) Work is work to me whether it is a granite boulder in my way to a room of pot smokers next door just have to handle it. We also have fullface breathers for sewer manhole work but there hot to wear so I don't think I would use them.

·
Super Moderator
12,483 Posts
That's a shame. From the state legislature down to the dope smokers who jeopardize their safety and that of others while on the job. Can't some person in authority stop them from smoking while working?! They can't drink beer on the job, right? So they should not be working under the influence of recently legalized cannabis.

·
Water Whisperer
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pot turns blind conformists into non-conformists. Later you will be thanking these patriots.

If everybody smoked pot... The world would be a better place.
MightyPipe has taken a whole new meaning...:laughing:

The people we're talking about are the equivalent to alcoholics or junkies. Their whole existence is pot.

I wonder what the children of these miscreants think about breathing in the toxic fumes. Second hand smoke stays in the victim's system for a number of days, if that's any indication of the reality of the problem.

I'm glad it's legal. Tax money will pour in as will the money from the Pot Tourists; we're 30 minutes south of the BC border. Those Canadians are heavy pot smokers, so it will be party party party.

·
Former Moderator
9,817 Posts
MightyPipe has taken a whole new meaning...:laughing:

The people we're talking about are the equivalent to alcoholics or junkies. Their whole existence is pot.
Escaping reality for a few hours, or even a few days is not necessarily a bad thing. It's a shame some use it to check out of life altogether.

I don't care what anyone's addiction is, but I do have a problem with it when it effects business.

·
Master Plumber
1,818 Posts
Cigarette smoke has far more carcinogens than weed. I get bothered when a customer is smoking a cigarette when I'm inside their home but there's nothing you can do about it.

Honestly, I would say that working in the plumbing trade is far more dangerous to your health than first hand marijuana smoke. Every time you cut a piece of pvc you are exposed to BPA.

·
Water Whisperer
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cigarette smoke has far more carcinogens than weed. I get bothered when a customer is smoking a cigarette when I'm inside their home but there's nothing you can do about it.

Honestly, I would say that working in the plumbing trade is far more dangerous to your health than first hand marijuana smoke. Every time you cut a piece of pvc you are exposed to BPA.
Wait until its legal in your state and then talk to me. I'm watching history being made---the legal pot era---but the next years is going to be interesting. It is one more worry.

I don't like the high. It gets me mean and clumsy and that's why I quit 45 years ago.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
I think we should make it a federal law and start a war on drugs and spend billions of dollars trying to keep the cartels out of the country and put all the dealers and users and users in jail. That should work right :laughing:

We have been fighting this war for nearly 100 years now and the percentage of folks taking some form of recreational drug has increased every year.

·
philosopher and statesmen
7,396 Posts
fair enough....:whistling2:

could you find it in your heart to mail me a couple of
those brownies or candy bars.....??

I cant remember the last time its been at least 20 years ago...

I need a tune up

·
Registered
405 Posts
plumberkc said:
Cigarette smoke has far more carcinogens than weed. I get bothered when a customer is smoking a cigarette when I'm inside their home but there's nothing you can do about it. Honestly, I would say that working in the plumbing trade is far more dangerous to your health than first hand marijuana smoke. Every time you cut a piece of pvc you are exposed to BPA.
it's that true about the BPA thing?

·
philosopher and statesmen
7,396 Posts

There is nothing like the smell of breaking open a fresh can of Oaty Heavy duty clear pvc cement in a crawl space.... the first thing in the morning....

it smells like .......victory......

time seems to fly by and the next thing you know
the drain lines are done and the sun is going down.....:whistling2:

·
Water Whisperer
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
could you find it in your heart to mail me a couple of
those brownies or candy bars.....??

I cant remember the last time its been at least 20 years ago...

I need a tune up
That would violate a few federal and state laws, but yawl welcome to come to Washington State and party with the finest weed in the world.

The pot stores will be open for business real soon. The state is kinda confused about how to make it work....stoners, the lot of them. There's a medical dispenser down the road and right next door to the store is their indoor farm. Buncha hillbillies with ARs guarding the place, too....:jester:

·
Water Whisperer
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
what

·
Certified Lunatic
20,658 Posts
Does anyone do their own fume cupboard smoke test and if so, how do you create the smoke for testing?
Too Much Second Hand Smoke?

One of the New Growing Ops set up in Connecticut to supply the dispensaries is owned by an Eyetalian Guy that also owns a Trucking Company & Trash Hauling Business... :whistling2:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts