Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my journeymen sends his apprentice into the tight crawlspace to see what's causing the leak. "Looks like a leaky Schwinn coupling. We got any of those on the truck?"
"Schwinn coupling? I've never heard of such a thing! Here's the circle cutter--cut it out and show me," responds the journeyman.
Sure enough. It says "Schwinn" right on the side.
Lasted over twenty years, as far as we can tell.
Still trying to get Hodes to carry replacements.

Attachments

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Classic, I need to oder me some of them.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Do they come in different colors?:whistling2:
I bet they do :laughing: and if your lucky, you might get the special ones that have the stringers still attached to them, red or blue stringers for easy identifications on cold and hot water lines. :laughing:

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
That's to high dollar for me. We still use pvc and radiator hoses to rebuild manifolds. I'de like to offer some quality stuff like that but the supply house guy won’t come down on any Schwinn products:001_tongue:

·
Always Something
1,369 Posts
That has to get added to the "board stretcher" lists. That is a new one for me!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Guys your local bicycle shop will surly have and endless supply in whatever color you need. I once fixed a 3" water main with 2 no hub bands, at a country club because no supply houses had any pro press fittings in 3", or even ford couplings. Bands worked great for 2 days until my coupling came in. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Those are some pretty strong handgrips, not like the ones they make now tho. They would never holdup like they did 20 years ago.

·
Registered
208 Posts
ok, I know I'm new, and I have read lots of posts about "Schwinn" coupling. I thought to myself, what is that? Now I know. I just have one question, do they come in black?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts