Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Osha Compliance Training
2 Posts
Hi,

Followings are some safety points which we have to take in our mind while doing plumbing work.

# If your home is equipped with interior shut-off valves leading to outside faucets, close them and drain water from lines.
# Cover outside faucets using a faucet insulation kit.
# Your water heater works harder during winter months. Flush it out and remove sediment buildup, which causes corrosion, shortens life span and reduces heating efficiency. Drain several gallons from the faucet near the bottom of the tank. Connect a hose to the faucet and direct water into a nearby drain.
# Don’t get electrocuted If you want to make a plumbing repair near an electrical source, you need to turn off the power near that source. Remember that water and electricity ‘mix’ themselves together very well so you can get into trouble quite easily.
# Protect your Lungs When working around chemical fumes, wearing a respirator ‘might’ be a good idea.

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Maybe you wanna visit a DIY site to advertixe to them.

We are professional plumbers here, not idiots.

Your advice is dumb.

Reactions: Plasticman

·
Registered
135 Posts
OSHA Saftey standards or ?

Does any of the items that are highlighted below have anything to do with OSHA safety standards?
Hi,

Followings are some safety points which we have to take in our mind while doing plumbing work.

# If your home is equipped with interior shut-off valves leading to outside faucets, close them and drain water from lines.

# Your water heater works harder during winter months. Flush it out and remove sediment buildup, which causes corrosion, shortens life span and reduces heating efficiency. Drain several gallons from the faucet near the bottom of the tank. Connect a hose to the faucet and direct water into a nearby drain.

# Don’t get electrocuted If you want to make a plumbing repair near an electrical source, you need to turn off the power near that source. Remember that water and electricity ‘mix’ themselves together very well so you can get into trouble quite easily.
# Protect your Lungs When working around chemical fumes, wearing a respirator ‘might’ be a good idea.

·
Former Moderator
9,817 Posts
There has to be some sort of OSHA regulation you are violating by making such a post on PZ. :yes: Keep posting like that and you will face the full wrath of PZ members, which is dangerous to one's mental well being. It won't be pretty.

Job safety first Sir.

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
Moar pwease......
I don't know what I'd do without you.

·
new nickname:Quaker State
1,204 Posts
You fogot to mention, don't touch the extension cord to your tongue to see if the cord is good. :laughing:

·
Certified Lunatic
20,658 Posts
My #1 rule is wear gloves when I play in poo....

Personally I like OSHA Compliance Training courses...
I think of all the time I've been paid for sitting through these dumb classes with some idiot teaching them that didn't know jack other than the course outline and comments in front of him teaching the course, telling us all about what we do everyday...:laughing:

Nothing like getting paid for an easy day...:thumbup:

Say Jack, Are you a plumber?

·
new nickname:Quaker State
1,204 Posts
Personally I like OSHA Compliance Training courses...
I think of all the time I've been paid for sitting through these dumb classes with some idiot teaching them that didn't know jack other than the course outline and comments in front of him teaching the course, telling us all about what we do everyday...:laughing:

Nothing like getting paid for an easy day...:thumbup:
Sounds just like continued ed.:whistling2:

·
Banned
9,333 Posts
Hi,

PZ Safety Survival Traing coarse

#1 never post stupid common sense stuff like you know what you are talking about

#2 never tell a real plumber how to do plumbing

#3 never lie about stuff because you will eventually get caught

#4 never post questions if it is your first to fifth post

#5 never ask a DIY question

#6 never ramble on as if you invented the art of Salesmanship

:laughing: Break any of the Survival rules and be haunted by the PZ members :laughing:

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Thanks for posting on PlumbingZone.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer if you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com

PlumbingZone.com is designed for professional plumbers to discuss issues and topics related to their profession. Many of our plumbers are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If your not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.diychatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

Reactions: Redwood
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.