Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are some of the more "Stringent" rules you have for employees or helpers?

Get the hell off the cell phone!

·
waterheaterzone.com
2,043 Posts
You arm wrap one of my cords you're fired, I'll have your check here in twenty minutes.
Oh man I hate that. I remember I had JUST bought a new 50' cord and the helper I was training decided to show how 'cool' he was to wrap up my cord really tight on his arm!!! He twisted the hell out if it and I screamed at him and showed him how to wrap a cord properly!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Use the correct tool for the job.

Nothing burns me more that grabbing a cordless drill and attempting to bore numerous holes and frying the battery.

Laziness.............Sometimes you just wanna choke em

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
When we were plumbing in some new apts going up, we would daisy chain the 100' cords, got smart one day, and walked up to one the helpers and asked how to roll the cord like that,:jester: so he showed me, (I knew how to roll it), and it worked, got out of rolling up the cord that day. :laughing:

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When we were plumbing in some new apts going up, we would daisy chain the 100' cords, got smart one day, and walked up to one the helpers and asked how to roll the cord like that,:jester: so he showed me, (I knew how to roll it), and it worked, got out of rolling up the cord that day. :laughing:
Dirty Ron, just plain dirty:thumbup:

·
Registered
344 Posts
No personal cell phones.

Vacations are mandatory.

Participation in staff meetings is mandatory, not just attendance.

All phones are to be answered by a human unless its a cell phone and you're with a client or in a meeting.

All calls will be returned that day.

All paperwork is due by COB Thursday or a paycheck will not be issued on Friday. For direct depositors, a hold on funds will be issued until paperwork is turned in.

I'm a hard ass when it comes to business. I'll stop here and let the flames begin.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Only in Arkansas. Are all Arkansasians hard asses? :laughing:

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
If a man sits down to work, he lays down to sh:censored:!

I hate it when app. sits dead on their ass and cleans fittings. Find another place to work away from me....

·
Registered
344 Posts
Only in Arkansas. Are all Arkansasians hard asses? :laughing:
I'm a Texan, but in short, ya, they sure can be.

I'm easy to get along with, but when I pay someone to do a job, they will do it my way, or they will show me a better way. But, if I agree it's a better way to do it, it becomes my way anyway. So make it easy on yourself and do it my way.:laughing:

·
Plumbing Contractor
972 Posts
Treat every job as if it was done in your own house! If you live like a slob and show disrespect then this isn't your type of job! What did you exspect Hit the road worthless P.O.S.!!!!!

No one touches my cords except me!!!

Did you see where the tool on the truck came from? Put them back the same place and way you found them.

I have more to share when they all come to mind:blink::no:

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
Do things my way.I've got an excellent track record. We don't need to re-invent the wheel.

Don't leave the battery pro-press tool sittin on top of a 6' ladder:furious:

Don't use channel locks on the acetylene bottle. They don't make that square wrench for the hell of it.

Don't stop the bandsaw halfway through the pipe cut binding the blade:no:

These are Mon. and Tues. *****es. I'm sure I missed some. If guys had to pay for **** they might be more careful

·
residential service
1,948 Posts
I have no employees yet but when I do, the first time I hear "Looks good from my house" they will receive my best wishes on their new job hunt.

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
That's why I provide my own truck and tools.
Our journeymen supply:
pencil
torpedo level
tape measure
folding rule
channel locks
crescent wrench

Everything else is on me. Which is fine, just take care of stuff. I got enough going without adding babysitter to the list.

I was a service plumber yesterday. I spent 2 hours fixing leaks on pop-ups and 1 1/4" chrome traps. Didn't do it my way:furious:

I was gonna have the guy go back and fix em. But, didn't wanna pay to have it fawked up again:furious: Here's your check. Have a nice life

·
Banned
3,806 Posts
Everything else is on me. Which is fine, just take care of stuff. I got enough going without adding babysitter to the list.

I was a service plumber yesterday. I spent 2 hours fixing leaks on pop-ups and 1 1/4" chrome traps. Didn't do it my way:furious:

I was gonna have the guy go back and fix em. But, didn't wanna pay to have it fawked up again:furious: Here's your check. Have a nice life
That is the downside to relying on all your help from the hall, you are at the mercy of what they send you.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts