Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was trying to clear 2" ABS line, serving the kitchen sink, from an outside clean-out. I wasn't having much luck so tried using a rubber blow bag which had been successful in the past. To my surprise 2/3 of the bag blew off into the drain. Water pressure was only 50 #. Any clue on how to get it out?

·
Registered
Lift Station Whisperer
426 Posts
I was trying to clear 2" ABS line, serving the kitchen sink, from an outside clean-out. I wasn't having much luck so tried using a rubber blow bag which had been successful in the past. To my surprise 2/3 of the bag blew off into the drain. Water pressure was only 50 #. Any clue on how to get it out?
I've had some luck with putting a sharp point on a sprung head with my Kleins and trying to hook it by hand. A drain camera helps immensely.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The worst part is that it also blew apart the ABS pipe at what looks like a fitting. I put my scope in about 4' from the cleanout after coming up with dirt on my cables. The only good part is that I can see the broken blow bag as well. My street pressure here is only about 50#

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
The worst part is that it also blew apart the ABS pipe at what looks like a fitting. I put my scope in about 4' from the cleanout after coming up with dirt on my cables. The only good part is that I can see the broken blow bag as well. My street pressure here is only about 50#
With pressure that low, the abs was certainly shattering before you touched it.

Reactions: MACPLUMB777
1 - 9 of 9 Posts