Lav drain = 19"

Toilet water = 6" off center and 6" high

KS water = 21" on 8" centers

KS drain = 15"

Laundry Tub water = 12" on 8" centers

Laundry Tub drain = 12"

Washer Box = top at 42"

Icemaker Box = top at 18"

How about you? (To answer, quote this and change the numbers for yourself.)

·
LeMarr Plumbing, Inc.
772 Posts
Lav water = 21" on 8" centers-or 6" cntr

Lav drain = 19"

Toilet water = 6" off center and 7" high

KS water = 21" on 8" centers- or 6" cntr

KS drain = 15" - 19"

Laundry Tub water = 14" on 8" centers- or 6" cntr

Laundry Tub drain = 12"

Washer Box = top at 42"

Icemaker Box = top at 18"/I at times put a T off the cold under Ksink so the ho (wife) can get to it in cas of emergency

Thats what I rough when I do new-I just had a guy I did work for in the era I did new, call and wants me to do one-YUK

In Christ,

Song Dog

·
Banned
3,806 Posts
Lav water = Exactly as speced by mfr.
Lav drain = Exatly as speced by the mfr.

Toilet water = Exactly as speced by the mfr.

KS water = 15' unless it is a wall mounted faucet

KS drain = 12" max

Laundry Tub water = In the guy grey box.

Laundry Tub drain =

Washer Box = wherever the designer or architect specs it

Icemaker Box = no box, 1/4 line stubbed out above finished floor height

There you go.

·
Banned
3,806 Posts
You play in a different world than I do!
Most of the lavs we install are either pedestals or console tables, the roughs have to be right, especially on the console tables, because they almost always get a bottle trap that has no side to side adjustment in it. Most of the kitchen sinks we install are undermounted SS 10-12 inches deep, with a Franke garbage disposal on it, the KS waste can be to low, but if it is to high we have big problems. Oh, and icemaker hookups on Sub-Zero fridges is in the front, so the line has to go under the fridge, if you use a box the line always gets kinked behind the firdge.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts

Toilet water 6" up 7"

All others same.

·
Master Plumber
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Most of the lavs we install are either pedestals or console tables, the roughs have to be right, especially on the console tables, because they almost always get a bottle trap that has no side to side adjustment in it. Most of the kitchen sinks we install are undermounted SS 10-12 inches deep, with a Franke garbage disposal on it, the KS waste can be to low, but if it is to high we have big problems. Oh, and icemaker hookups on Sub-Zero fridges is in the front, so the line has to go under the fridge, if you use a box the line always gets kinked behind the firdge.
I love hearing about your kind of work. Thanks for sharing.

·
Master Plumber
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
At the end of the day it is all the same work, mine is sometimes more tedious than yours, but you will get yours done faster.
Actually, my favorite work has much more in common with what you do but mostly because I make it so. Vastly different but a higher level of craftsmanship involved than rough in the pluming on a 2 bath house.

·
J. McCabe Plumbing Inc.
409 Posts
I almost always rough the water to a toilet at 6" up and 8" off center. The reason for 8" off center is cuz the customer may decide they want a toilet with a "skirted" bowl and with a 8" rough you can't go wrong.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Are you guys getting much call for bath vanities 4" taller than standard and elevated washer/dryers?

Does it change your roughs or do you make it up on trim out?

Pretty much all of our bathrooms now are 4"+ and all washers are 14-16" off the deck on a shelf with drawers.

·
Banned
1,589 Posts
I pretty much use the same dimensions, except on KS..I like to keep the drain as low as possible, our code requires 12-15 inches and I like to allow room for play when there's a disposal with double basin...usually I'll go for 13.

As for laundries, exact same as you @ 42"...but I like to give the customer a say for three reasons, they feel good you asked them, they can't blame you if they don't like the finished height, they know much better than you whats going where...you never know if they have plans to prop a shelf above, or if they'd like options to move the washer later.
Mindful that my coide requires a min 18"- max 28" tailpiece with a min inlet height of 31" from the base of the machine.

Toilets I like 7" above ff to ensure I'm above even the widest baseboard trims...I like them offest left of the the actual toilet feed to make it easier to slightly offset chrome plated feeds if the customer prefers them over braided (I prefer braided)...slightly harder to to line up & cut the feed when it's a perfect striaght shot on the chrome ones, you can bend an offset into the chrome, then swing in into the toilet stub once it's in the 3/8" comp stop outlet.

On Pedastils I go 21" off FF, I used to go 18" for vanities but when you have a changeout to a pedastil down the road the higher drain is nice for Washington traps.

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
Lav water = 21" on 8" centers

Lav drain = 19"

KS water = 21" on 8" centers

KS drain = 15"

Laundry Tub water = 12" on 8" centers

Laundry Tub drain = 12"

Washer Box = top at 42"

Icemaker Box = top at 18"

I do everything the same, except the k/s, I do at 14, and about 18-20 on the waters, when the water stubs are to close, the faucet pull hose gets all tangled in it.

This is very true, high end work sucks, I just finished a sub zero and ped lavs, hate it, takes twice as long because if your like me you measure like 20 times over.

I almost always rough the water to a toilet at 6" up and 8" off center. The reason for 8" off center is cuz the customer may decide they want a toilet with a "skirted" bowl and with a 8" rough you can't go wrong.
I just had this happen, a customer wanted to install 4 skirted toilets, to hide the traps, because they are easier to clean....until she changed her mind about the damage to her walls and customer paint.

·
Ridgid tool user
4,909 Posts
I'm pretty much the same as the OP but if I'm dealing with a lavoratory, I'll wait till it's onsite or I can see measure it to get my rough in right. The offset drawers can throw you off.

·
Banned
3,806 Posts
This is very true, high end work sucks, I just finished a sub zero and ped lavs, hate it, takes twice as long because if your like me you measure like 20 times over.
I like doing high end work, but I use a line laser to make my measurements easy, set the line up vertically on center and your measurements off center are a snap, or set it for horizontal at the height you want the center line of your control valves at, and bam, you always have a clear point to measure from. High end work is more tedious and time consuming, but if it was easy everyone would want to do it.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
What if its a 1 piece toilet,,, how high should you go up?
Hi, please tell us a little about yourself, an introduction about yourself would be nice.

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
I like doing high end work, but I use a line laser to make my measurements easy, set the line up vertically on center and your measurements off center are a snap, or set it for horizontal at the height you want the center line of your control valves at, and bam, you always have a clear point to measure from. High end work is more tedious and time consuming, but if it was easy everyone would want to do it.

this is a good idea, I for some reason have not thought of this...:brows:

interesting how something so easy can be so far from the brain...........

1 - 20 of 29 Posts