Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello fellow plumbers,i ve got a question on getting rid of all the roots.on all the drains that i v unblocked,and removed tree roots,i haven t put in a camera after every job,but i v noticed the times that i v have,the drains unblocked,but theres still tree roots lingering on the side.i v tried side cutters, and the round cutter.i ve detected where the roots are and let my rotor work the area.another plumber told me the only way to get of them is by water pressure and a spinning chain. any feedback,TONY

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
My opinion is that roots=a crack in the pipe. To permanently fix the root problem you must fix the crack. Dig it up and repair it. If you’re into charging a whole lot of money for a temporary solution, use a rotary chain jetter head. If you have relining equipment you could reline after jetting.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the info,i m working on selling the escavation job.the company i work for doesn t own a jetter,and for rental,the model can only go up to 2000 psi.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Just the increases insurance payments when they get hurt and you get sued.
Very true, in fact they are now moving into the federal courts and filing FLSA (federal labor standars act) cases for unpaid overtime. Amazing, not even citizens and tieing up our courts with labor cases. They are winning the cases as well.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I dont see them winning any suits

undocumented means undocumented

what was that social security number again ?

nope sorry he never worked for me !

denial

·
Registered
584 Posts
Just the increases insurance payments when they get hurt and you get sued.
Nope. If they are illegal and not on the books they are not your employee. They are employed by the homeowner. So if they get hurt on the homeowners property you are off the hook and the homeowner is on.

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
I'm sure that will boost your PR with local homeowners. Repeat business ahoy!

Nope. If they are illegal and not on the books they are not your employee. They are employed by the homeowner. So if they get hurt on the homeowners property you are off the hook and the homeowner is on.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I dont see them winning any suits

undocumented means undocumented

what was that social security number again ?

nope sorry he never worked for me !

denial
They are winning them everyday. It is a fact, infact personal injury lawyers are now advertising for them. The FLSA law says that you are required to do certain things and report certain things. If you do not, you are opened up for an FLSA case AKA legal blackmail. Nope sorry he never worked for me doesn't work. In FLSA it is the burden of the employer to prove this not the employee. All the employee has to do is describe one job. Then it is up to you. Yes you may even win in court, however at an average of 25,000. to get to court is it worth it? So they corner you into paying them before they get you there to save you money. In other words extortion, Now the IRS is involved, the state, work comp, they all want to know. It happens everyday.

·
Registered
50 Posts
quote: Nope sorry he never worked for me doesn't work

Oh yes it does my friend

most of them are afraid to report anything for fear of deportation here or arrest, i have actually had a few run from jobsites when the police roll up. the problem is he's a friend of mine, i had to ask him to stop dropping by the jobsites scaring all my chicans away

I'm not sure where your located but things are different here, hell most of them run when a border patrol van drives by on the way to the courthouse or local jail

and extortion wouldnt work for me, then again having friends in places also helps

backfill backfill and dig a trench :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts