Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
3,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A customer has this Rohl kitchen faucet with a pull out spray hose that keeps breaking and flooding under his sink. Rohl sent a replacement hose about 3 months ago, I installed it and it just failed again. Seems to me there's a design flaw, the hose doesn't swivel and winds itself up under the sink then the inner hose pops. Anyone experience this and if so is there an aftermarket hose that will swivel at the connections and stop this from happening?
Thanks

Attachments

· Registered
2,915 Posts
I sent your note to my Rohl rep and I'll also send it to Rohl's chief of technology. We'll see what they have to say.
Here's his response:
Lots of questions here. Did the hose and outer hosing separate or did it just unscrew? The lining has not been an issue as a part that fails within a few months, but we have had the hose unscrew at the connection- it is hard to tighten in a limited space. Or did the hand spray come unscrewed on top of the sink, and the water pool below? I’d like to see the hose if it failed. Do you need a hose? We can send you a few.

Jake

Jake Smith

Technical Director

· Registered
3,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's his response:
Lots of questions here. Did the hose and outer hosing separate or did it just unscrew? The lining has not been an issue as a part that fails within a few months, but we have had the hose unscrew at the connection- it is hard to tighten in a limited space. Or did the hand spray come unscrewed on top of the sink, and the water pool below? I’d like to see the hose if it failed. Do you need a hose? We can send you a few.

Jake

Jake Smith

Technical Director
The hose didn't unscrew on its own, the connection was tight. I unscrewed it and reinstalled it to make sure it wasn't the connection leaking. I spoke with customer service this morning and the hose is back ordered, they said they'll take one off a faucet and put it in the mail. Customer should have it in 72 hours. Downside is Rohl is 15 miles from me but won't allow me to pick it up. Happy thanksgiving Mr. Customer, hope you can do without your kitchen faucet.

· Registered
Plumbing
2,433 Posts
Rohl customer service sucks in my experience.

Custy has same Rohl faucet with the same hose and the same POS leak.

Called Rohl several times, no answer. On hold for 30 minutes. Emailed, they didn’t answer.

Called them back today. Finally answered.

After playing 50 questions AFTER I sent pics of the faucet and the year it was purchased in…..They tell me the hose isn’t available any longer. Rohl thinks an 11 year old faucet is OLD.

Asked for the hose part number and they had to GUESS at the number. Even though I sent pics of the connection under the sink.

I’d never buy a Rohl and I will advise my customers to stay clear of Rohl.

I bought a new hose on EBay for $30. Let’s hope they gave me the correct part numbers. Total idiots.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts