Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
canuckPlumBbob
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats your policy on cockroches, do you enter and burn your clothes after, or just refuse to enter ?
Iv walked away from some, and iv stripped down in my driveway after finding out once im already working.
What do you guys do?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Whats your policy on cockroches, do you enter and burn your clothes after, or just refuse to enter ?
Iv walked away from some, and iv stripped down in my driveway after finding out once im already working.
What do you guys do?
Have the number for a few good exterminators on hand. Fortunately haven’t brought them home yet. It’s pretty much impossible to not run into them on jobs.

·
Super Moderator
7,459 Posts
In which video I'd like to see it.

I have been lucky until now but I would leave. The problem is if you start the job and realize it afterward you have the obligation to finish it.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Amazingly even with some of the disgusting houses I've been in I can't recall seeing any cock roaches.

My wife says she's seen a couple at her job which is weird because it's a very clean place.

Reactions: MACPLUMB777

·
Super Moderator
7,478 Posts
All of downtown Lansing has roaches. No matter how clean the restaurants are, they have roaches, so I don’t eat anywhere downtown. I one had to put in a lift station at a pizza place that I use to order from for years before I started plumbing again.

One of our PMCs picked up an apartment complex that is riddled with roaches. Every time I’ve been there the exterminator is there. I fired them.

At Paris Island we’d clean every day and have field day once a week. So much that you could eat off the floor. We still had roaches.

I get creeped out by them, but over the years I’ve realized they’re not as bad as flea or bedbug infested dwellings.

·
Super Moderator
7,459 Posts
All of downtown Lansing has roaches. No matter how clean the restaurants are, they have roaches, so I don’t eat anywhere downtown. I one had to put in a lift station at a pizza place that I use to order from for years before I started plumbing again.

One of our PMCs picked up an apartment complex that is riddled with roaches. Every time I’ve been there the exterminator is there. I fired them.

At Paris Island we’d clean every day and have field day once a week. So much that you could eat off the floor. We still had roaches.

I get creeped out by them, but over the years I’ve realized they’re not as bad as flea or bedbug infested dwellings.
I want to put a "like" for the first part but not for "they aren't as bad. " They creep me out like a little girl.

·
Super Moderator
7,459 Posts

I want to put a "like" for the first part but not for "they aren't as bad. " They creep me out like a little girl.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Depends on the roaches tbh. The big palomino(spelling?) bugs don’t bother me. They have a tendency to show up(1 or 2) even in nice houses down here and it’s easy for me to pretend they’re Beatles or something. German cock roaches though the squishy little ones? I have seen them by the thousands. I have been in a few houses that the damn walls looked like they were moving. There if the job can’t be done from outside it doesn’t get done those things are effing gross and I squirm just thinking about those houses.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Maggots are worse I went to a restaurant once. six inches of water. A pile of crap and excrement by the ope cleanout moving with maggots. I left right away and phoned the health department. I said the would need rubber boots in the basement.

·
Super Moderator
7,459 Posts
There's only 4 restaurants I go to and I hope they are clean back there. Sometimes when I try a new place I see things my GF is oblivious to and she hates it I want to get the hell out saying I'm a party pooper. Whatever, when it's dirty up front or in the bathrooms it's the end for me.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
What do you guys do?
If they are the Madagascar hissing cock roaches they had on fear factor I'm gettin the hell otta there,c-ya

·
Registered
8,962 Posts

Cockroaches are Edible ,HIGH IN PROTEIN and HEALTHY TO EAT Suhasini Reddy 5 Dec 2017 11:25 PM IST Cockroaches are Edible ,HIGH IN PROTEIN and HEALTHY TO EAT x Highlights Yes, it is scientifically proven now Cockroaches are Edible and healthy to eat and they are high in protein levels. Yes, it is scientifically proven now Cockroaches are Edible and healthy to eat and they are high in protein levels. But yes it should he cooked properly to kill its bacteria present on its body. We probably consider eating insects as disgusting especially in western society we don’t even consider them. But in many cultures, especially Asians including cockroaches and other insects they include in their diet. In Thailand they consider Cockroaches a yummy dish especially when it is deep fried in the oil to get that crunchy texture and taste.

https://www.thehansindia.com/posts/index/Life-Style/2017-12-05/Cockroaches-are-Edible-HIGH-IN-PROTEIN-and-HEALTHY-TO-EAT/343292

·
Super Moderator
7,478 Posts

Cockroaches are Edible ,HIGH IN PROTEIN and HEALTHY TO EAT Suhasini Reddy 5 Dec 2017 11:25 PM IST Cockroaches are Edible ,HIGH IN PROTEIN and HEALTHY TO EAT x Highlights Yes, it is scientifically proven now Cockroaches are Edible and healthy to eat and they are high in protein levels. Yes, it is scientifically proven now Cockroaches are Edible and healthy to eat and they are high in protein levels. But yes it should he cooked properly to kill its bacteria present on its body. We probably consider eating insects as disgusting especially in western society we don’t even consider them. But in many cultures, especially Asians including cockroaches and other insects they include in their diet. In Thailand they consider Cockroaches a yummy dish especially when it is deep fried in the oil to get that crunchy texture and taste.

Cockroaches are Edible ,HIGH IN PROTEIN and HEALTHY TO EAT
I’m adventures in food, but insects are where I draw the line. Had a chance to try chocolate covered ants once.... I guess if I was starving I’d give it a shot.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts

Cockroaches are Edible ,HIGH IN PROTEIN and HEALTHY TO EAT
I ain't eaten no nasty roach,I just go hungry lololololo

·
philosopher and statesmen
7,302 Posts
Roaches are good for you..... they help to build strong character
no better experience in the world than laying under a kitchen sink with
those little critters looking at you while you are trying to loosen
up the nuts from a kitchen sink faucet...... you light up an acetylene torch
and they scatter like the wind....:D:D:D...
just take your clothes and shoes
off before you drag them into your home

Lice and fleas and bed bugs are far worse in my opinion.
l got under a kitchen sink 2 summers ago in a hell hole meth head apartment building
and I thought the fleas and lice were gonna drag me under the sink and I would
never be heard from again.... I dropped that client cause I could not see dealing
with this kind of crap at all hours of the day and night.... I passed it onto another plumber
piss on that kind of filth and the skumbag sort people you have to be polite to.......

Seriously roaches are nothing , its the filthy skabs that appear like people
that bother me worse than little roaches

·
canuckPlumBbob
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Same man, the last job eel i did i didnt put my bucket under the trap, i left my latex gloves in the sink an my rag on the floor which i only used to kill a few roches closing in on my boots. Left all my stuff on my cart, didnt let it touch the floor.
Lol i didnt give a rats azz about cleaning after myself. Not bringing anything back into the truck, lick my ars.

·
philosopher and statesmen
7,302 Posts
Same man, the last job eel i did i didnt put my bucket under the trap, i left my latex gloves in the sink an my rag on the floor which i only used to kill a few roches closing in on my boots. Left all my stuff on my cart, didnt let it touch the floor.
Lol i didnt give a rats azz about cleaning after myself. Not bringing anything back into the truck, lick my ars.
[/QUOTE

Its sort of a sad thing to see, but some of the places I go into that are infested
with roaches and other vermin have babies in cribs and small children living in that filth ....
The poor little bas/ards are brought up to think of them as "pets" and simply dont know any better
I have actually been frowned upon and given mean looks
by the kids when I have stepped on a few of them in their kitchen.
I know its the way they are brought up in poverty or have lazy parents
who could care less.... its really not that hard to keep a decent living environment

I am grateful I was brought up better and by clean parents,
although I am still basically a slob....:p:p.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts