Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple weeks ago my Seekonk wrench went out of calibration and started snapping clamps. It is a year and a half old but has worked hard and tightend thousands of clamps. Today I got it back with a beyond repair sticker attached to it.

I see that Ridgid makes one (link) with a lifetime warranty. I'll probably go that route this time. Almost half the cost of the Seekonk and a lifetime warranty seems like a no brainier. The only thing I don't like about it is that it doesn't seem to be lockable to back the clamps off.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You get what you pay for.
Yes, that usually holds true. My plumbing supply only stocks Seekonk wrenches so I can't compare the two side by side until I actually buy the Ridgid. Does anyone have one, what's the difference in quality? I can't tell if the Ridgid is metal or plastic or if it's reversible (I don't think it is).

·
Registered
265 Posts
I started my career using the Ridgid. Then I switched to Seekonk. IMO, there is no comparison to the Seekonk no hub torque wrench!!:thumbup:

·
Certified Lunatic
20,658 Posts
A couple weeks ago my Seekonk wrench went out of calibration and started snapping clamps. It is a year and a half old but has worked hard and tightend thousands of clamps. Today I got it back with a beyond repair sticker attached to it.

I see that Ridgid makes one (link) with a lifetime warranty. I'll probably go that route this time. Almost half the cost of the Seekonk and a lifetime warranty seems like a no brainier. The only thing I don't like about it is that it doesn't seem to be lockable to back the clamps off.
I hate to tell you this but the bad one you have is a one in a million shot!
I would not hesitate to buy another Seekonk. :thumbup:
There really is no comparison...

I can't tell you how old my Seekonk wrench is but I'm pretty sure it qualifies as an antique. I can't say the same about the cheapo's I bought and used when my Seekonk was in for calibration and servicing...:whistling2:

Some of them barely made it through the day without the socket wearing out... Sheesh!:furious:

·
Registered
344 Posts
The Rigid is not reversible. It has a stupid feature whereby you set the ratchet in a "locked" position. It likes to pop out. I never use that feature. I carry a nut driver to use instead.

·
Registered
402 Posts
The Rigid is not reversible. It has a stupid feature whereby you set the ratchet in a "locked" position. It likes to pop out. I never use that feature. I carry a nut driver to use instead.
the single most thing I hate about my ridgid T-handle. when running no-hub pipe, most of the time I carry a cordless impact with a 5/16" socket and use the impact to loosen or snug up bands, and the T-handle to get the final tight.

Havent seen or used the Seekonk one, but if it's as good as other say, I may have to invest in one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts