Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Based on your experience which water heater do you recommend? A.O. Smith or Rheem 40 gallon short gas water heater ? I'm very confused on which one to choose. Beside that do you recommend any other water heater?

·
Registered
7,539 Posts
Based on your experience which water heater do you recommend? A.O. Smith or Rheem 40 gallon short gas water heater ? I'm very confused on which one to choose. Beside that do you recommend any other water heater?
Sepco Stone-Lined water heaters last more than half a decade Century easily.

Ask your electric or fuel-gas supplier about any available rebates for a Sepco. Aside from an extra-thick "stone" lining, they also have much thicker insulation making them more efficient. This often makes them targets for governmental programs looking to lower home energy use.

·
Registered
Lift Station Whisperer
305 Posts
I fab my own out of sheet copper and lead. Sheep's wool for insulation, then heavy guage aircraft aluminum for the jacket. Each one is custom sized to the customer's needs. In general, we aim for around 799 kBtu to 1.47 MBtu output for residential gas water heaters.

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
I fab my own out of sheet copper and lead. Sheep's wool for insulation, then heavy guage aircraft aluminum for the jacket. Each one is custom sized to the customer's needs. In general, we aim for around 799 kBtu to 1.47 MBtu output for residential gas water heaters.

Your homemade water heaters are to die for. Amazing quality. The 863.75 gallon water heater you made for my house is an awesome performing heater. Your cow manure fired preheater is genius.

CFMX, I highly recommend hiring hewhodigsholes for your custom sized water heater.

·
Registered
7,539 Posts
Reactions: MACPLUMB777

·
Registered
Lift Station Whisperer
305 Posts
Your homemade water heaters are to die for. Amazing quality. The 863.75 gallon water heater you made for my house is an awesome performing heater. Your cow manure fired preheater is genius.

CFMX, I highly recommend hiring hewhodigsholes for your custom sized water heater.
Why thank you! I trust the 6-10 month lead time wasn't too much an inconvenience?

·
Reverend, R.S.E., Master Plumber
Nice Head, what’s in the bag?
1,999 Posts
My water heater broke down a few years back, I couldn’t decide with heater to buy either, so now I have the pump from my hot tub piped into my hot water tank. I used the large Flex seal tape to cover over the hot tub so I don’t get leaves and stuff in my hot water…

·
Registered
2,779 Posts

As do I,they are to die for

1 - 9 of 9 Posts