Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Water out of RO faucet runs about 1 second and drops to nothing. Filters have been changed. What should the tank pressure be on a 1.3 gallon tank? Could it be the flow control valve?

·
Muck me?
700 Posts
tank pressure should be about 15 lbs and the membrane could be fouled. There is a couple things that could be done here. If you didconect the reject line and put a regular line in its place you can flush the membrane out by running it into a bucet for about 5 minutes, give it a couple litle taps from a wrench or wsomething of that sort. If the bladder in the tank ruppured the tank would weight quite a bit, see if thats the case

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The system is 2 years old. The HO changed the all 3 filters and blew (with his mouth) into the control valve. I heard this can cause the valve to not work because of the bacteria that grows in the tiny holes. The tank is heavy, but I am not sure how heavy it SHOULD be.

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
If you have used all the water. The tank should be very light. Maybe about the same weight as a basket-ball.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Tank needs air recharge @ 8psi when empty. Depending on type of filters used if your customer did not flush the carbon dust off, the membrane could be fouled.

wookie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts