Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I've done the material purchasing for our family plumbing company for the past couple years now. I was curious, how do others go about tracking their returns and making sure they receive credits for the returns and just staying on top of those things?
Between all of the ordering and also doing submittals and warehouse management it gets rough trying to keep track of everything. Usually my sister is the one that contacts the suppliers to make sure they are refunding us, but she doesn't know to look for a credit unless myself or my dad tell her to. So my dad would like me to take care of making sure we get the credits and my sister will just handle whatever needs to be done on our end in our books.

I wasn't sure if there was some sort of software or a spreadsheet template or something to help keep track of this stuff or anything, but wanted to ask (again, i'm rambling), how does everyone else keep track of these things?

Any feedback/tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
-Stephen

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I guess I should've stated, we are mainly new commercial construction. So we typically order things in larger quantities and a lot of times things are either incorrect from supplier or faulty. And I've just always spoke to vendor and said "we need a credit for this" and they say they will issue the the credit but a lot of times that never gets done and it's forgotten about.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, from my experience with credit services, I can tell you that the company you are applying to is very important, because some companies have good offers, and some disadvantages you as a client.

·
Reverend, R.S.E., Master Plumber
Nice Head, what’s in the bag?
1,462 Posts
Hey guys, from my experience with credit services, I can tell you that the company you are applying to is very important, because some companies have good offers, and some disadvantages you as a client.
ohhhhh I get it now thanks, I was so very confused about credit, til you threw in your 2 cents worth.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts