Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am retired but I still work. I am a Master Plumber from Virginia. Worked most of my career at a Veterans Hospital. Very big place. Supervised some. I am now working at a LOWES store in the plumbing dept. I find it a real joy to be able to help the people that come into the store who cannot afford to pay for repairs but have to do it themselves. The area I am from does not have a lot of high wage earners but does have a lot of people who have lost their jobs long ago to overseas adventures by co-orporate america. Power to the plumbers of the world. I learn something every day.

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Hi, welcome to PZ. Some people here dont seem to like lowes, so you may get a buzzing for a bit. But, after all, you say you are a master plumber, so welcome. I hail from Richmond, VA

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
Welcome.

Glad to see Lowes has at least 1 guy in the plumbing aisle that knows which end is up:thumbup:

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Welcome to PZ, our company is a Lowes installer for the time being.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the welcome. I know that LOWES is not perfect but, at the store that I work at, we have three qualified plumbers in our plumbing section and one that is not and it shows. I enjoy helping the customers that come in and cannot afford to hire a plumber but they do have emergent needs in the plumbing area. I will, and have, sent customers to regular plumbing supply business for parts and refer them to qualified plumbers when I know that they have no business in trying the repair or complete an installation themselves. Everyone has their limitations including myself. Good luck to all in these times and may your days be fruitful for you all.

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
Are you in Roanoke? I worked in the VA hospital there for a couple of weeks when i was a 1st year app.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, I am from the Roanoke area and worked in the Engineering service at the Vet Hosp in Salem and served my apprenticeship in the local union in Roanoke. I work at the Lowes store in Rocky Mount VA, in the Plumbing Pro position. LOWES has started a new position in the Electric and the Plumbing areas call a Pro position and require the person to be qualified and experienced in the trade and preferable licensed. It will be good for the customers for sure.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
smellslike$tome said it all, read it folks, and head it, play nice or not at all, don't want to play nice, and we can't get a PM out to you, we will take the action needed to keep this a nice place to visit.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Thanks for the welcome. I know that LOWES is not perfect but, at the store that I work at, we have three qualified plumbers in our plumbing section and one that is not and it shows. I enjoy helping the customers that come in and cannot afford to hire a plumber but they do have emergent needs in the plumbing area. I will, and have, sent customers to regular plumbing supply business for parts and refer them to qualified plumbers when I know that they have no business in trying the repair or complete an installation themselves. Everyone has their limitations including myself. Good luck to all in these times and may your days be fruitful for you all.

Good Man, and welcome....It is appreciated to recognize when someone should be encouraged "Do not try this at home"!!!:no:

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
Yes, I am from the Roanoke area and worked in the Engineering service at the Vet Hosp in Salem and served my apprenticeship in the local union in Roanoke. I work at the Lowes store in Rocky Mount VA, in the Plumbing Pro position. LOWES has started a new position in the Electric and the Plumbing areas call a Pro position and require the person to be qualified and experienced in the trade and preferable licensed. It will be good for the customers for sure.
I went through 491's apprenticeship as well. Good to have you here.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts