Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Just joined in, been doing plumbing since I married into it at age 17, and now hitting 35. Worked mainly in new houses, and mostly for contractors. I am in the process of starting into the service thing. Got to figure out the pricing game. Most folks here in arkansas get 60 to 85 an hour. 450 dollars is the going rate per opening in a new house. Looking forward to all the info, and help yall can bring. :thumbup: If you got any suggestions, please feel free.. I have owned my business for going on 8 years. Had more new houses than I could do. Now man has that changed, nobodys building. That is what has pushed me towards service. Never had to advertise, word of mouth was all I could handle. Now I get to figure out the advertising game, pricing, and all the between.:cry:Got my fingers crossed, and praying hard. Thanks, and look forward to hearing from ya.

·
Banned
913 Posts
Welcome to PZ! Here's some advice to get started -

1. Send a letter to everyone you know and let then know you are now doing plumbing service work.
2. Send a letter to every homeowner you have ever worked for along with a few business cards for them to pass along.
3. Don't think you will get work by undercutting your competitors. The prices you quoted seemed low.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Man everything is cheap in Arkansas. My wife, whom is high school math teacher makes just at a 1000.00 a month. Go figure!!!! Plumbing rates are the same here. I get under cut at 450.00 a hole on new houses. Thats with copper pipe. I do no everyone I have talked to, encluding seasoned plumbers, they all say the money is in the service. I have done a few commercial jobs here and there, but just not big enough to tackle them. Maybe should move to texas, were everything is bigger. HA HA HA:no:

·
Dream Team Founder
315 Posts
welcome to the site, service is a whole other ball park, but doing new construction first for me and then switching to service has proved helpful

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Hi arky,

Welcome to PZ

1 - 12 of 12 Posts