Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received an emergency call today from a h/o who said he rented a cable and got it stuck. I went out there and he had attempted to pull the cable out of a 4" san tee by hooking the cable to his truck.:no: As suggested by the "plumber" at Home Cheapo. The san tee was on an outside vent stack:blink: Key word was. The vent pulled apart, the kitchen sink pulled apart and I got to spend 8 hours fixing it all:laughing: You have to love this recession sometimes. Get this he paid $400 for the rental and the cable that he messed up. I told him I would have had it clear for $98. I was able to free up his cable by running my flat blade alongside his cable and clearing the roots off his cable. My bill for the rest of the work was $1,800. Keep renting that equipment Home Cheapo:thumbup: I told the h/o to leave all plumbing to the professionals only. His wife kept laughing at him with the I told you so look. Good Day:thumbsup:

·
Certified Lunatic
20,658 Posts
A while back I get sent to a call for a clogged main.
3 young kids in the house and the guys wife is telling me that her husband has been trying for a week and a 1/2 to clear it.

I give the price and she calls her husband...
To much!
He's gonna keep trying to DIY it...

I got a feeling the home life isn't gonna be pretty...
She wasn't looking like a happy wife when he said that....:no:

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
A while back I get sent to a call for a clogged main.
3 young kids in the house and the guys wife is telling me that her husband has been trying for a week and a 1/2 to clear it.

I give the price and she calls her husband...
To much!
He's gonna keep trying to DIY it...

I got a feeling the home life isn't gonna be pretty...
She wasn't looking like a happy wife when he said that....:no:
Man, how can you tell your wife and kids you won't pay to get the toilet working? hehehe I guess everything has a price and that guy feels like working drains isn't worth much. :blink:

Plumber Jim

·
Certified Lunatic
20,658 Posts
Man, how can you tell your wife and kids you won't pay to get the toilet working? hehehe I guess everything has a price and that guy feels like working drains isn't worth much. :blink:

Plumber Jim
The lawyer will probably have him paying for it till the kids are 18...:laughing:

·
Registered
648 Posts
When I started out yrs ago I left cards at rental shops .No homeys in those days.I returned a 5$ bill to the rental guys who put their name on my card when they got a machine back torn up or a customer with a cast on his arm .It worked then guess it would now $$ ((((( today is slow, I am going to rebuild my gorlitz feeder clean it and replace all bearings (and while i am piddleing around I think I will check my anode rod) todays reading got me thinking lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts