Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reduced Flow???

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  SlickRick 
I have a two story home that has a gravity hot water recirculation loop running from the basement to the 2nd floor. Over time, the water pressure in this bathroom has reduced to about 1/3 the rest of the house. I have other showers on this floor that all have the correct pressure. I know it is not the valves because I have removed the inner workings on the fixtures and tested. In addition, two sinks and two showers in this room all have the same low pressure. I have tried blowing them out with an air compressor and several other tricks. I have paid 3 plumbers to come and diagnose and no answers.

My theory is that over the 12 year life of this house, the gravity hot water recirculation has built up calcium or other impediments in the lines to reduce the pressure and flow. I have removed the hot water tanks, installed a tankless hot water system and capped the recirc line. Same issue.

Is it possible that there is some kind of clog or buildup in the line at the point of the recirc connection? AND is it possible to somehow remove this buildup or blockage? Is it possible that my theory is WRONG?
Its really a job for a professional plumber. Even if you qualified for an answer it wouldnt change the fact that a licensed plumbing professional should check it out...if you want it fixed .

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.