Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to install twelve units in small apartment building. Each apartment is about 550 square feet. The units need to provide heat and hot water. Some of the names I;ve heard out there are Baxi, Munchkin, MZ, etc. Has anyone worked with these systems? How reliable are they and what are the maintenance requirements?

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
How about an intro about you in the intro forum, doing so will get you a better response.

Reactions: Puzzle

·
Registered
141 Posts
Good topic.. I just came across an Apollo wall hung boiler rotting away.. Been looking for a direct replacement but the website for Apollo is coming up only water heaters ... any suggestions for a good replacement.. we dont see them at all in my area,,

·
Registered
265 Posts
Mestek (Smith Boilers) just came out with a combi boiler. It's wall hung with a 5:1 turndown, I think. I'll post a link in a few.

·
Registered
384 Posts
i have installed a few NTI Ti150C combi heaters as well as a Ti200C for a big house we did. i cant say as i am a huge fan of the primitive controls on the unit but they seem to work very well tho. as with any tankless water heater there are limitations on the gpm (i get calls on this all the time with roman tub fillers).
i hear lochinvar will be introducing a combi boiler in the future. not sure how soon tho. but i cant wait.

·
Registered
265 Posts
i have installed a few NTI Ti150C combi heaters as well as a Ti200C for a big house we did. i cant say as i am a huge fan of the primitive controls on the unit but they seem to work very well tho. as with any tankless water heater there are limitations on the gpm (i get calls on this all the time with roman tub fillers).
i hear lochinvar will be introducing a combi boiler in the future. not sure how soon tho. but i cant wait.

That's good to hear. I really like Lochinvar. Good products!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts