Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing a full gut/replacement of parts on the tank of an American Standard 6.0lpf/1.6gpf

After I took off the tank I found what looked to be a plastic funnel of some type that looks as if the flange on this part is broken. The "funnel" does not stay up around the rim of the tank seat. I can't find the part online, I don't know what it's called. Is it necessary to function properly? Do I need a new toilet, or can I replace this part.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Attachments

· Super Moderator
10,047 Posts
I thought your trick was the bicycle tube one? Getting a little inconsistent Tango.
I have a bag of mixed trixes, the putty trick is the original one, the bicycle tube is another. Not sure if I said it before but the bicycle tube is real, I saw it in one house I rented a room in as a teenager, a tube and 2 clamps.

· Reverend, R.S.E., Master Plumber
Nice Head, what’s in the bag?
2,872 Posts
I have a bag of mixed trixes, the putty trick is the original one, the bicycle tube is another. Not sure if I said it before but the bicycle tube is real, I saw it in one house I rented a room in as a teenager, a tube and 2 clamps.
I saw the old bicycle tube “trap” the other day on a laundry tub.

· Super Moderator
10,047 Posts
I saw the old bicycle tube “trap” the other day on a laundry tub.
I'll have to check my texts, I asked for pictures and the F-N 2nd floor bath tub was piped with polyethylene pump pipe. I declined the job and she proceeded with words fit for another post in my soaps.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts