Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
2" and under is $250.00 for the K-50 for one hour, if I install a cleanout under the kitchen sink its $125.00 and that is about 95% of the time.

3"-4" lines are $425.00 but that has to be a good customer, the K-1500 is getting to heavy and I give a lot of those calls away.

Anything after the first hour is $125.00 and not pro rated.

·
Super Moderator
7,478 Posts
2" and under is $250.00 for the K-50 for one hour, if I install a cleanout under the kitchen sink its $125.00 and that is about 95% of the time.

3"-4" lines are $425.00 but that has to be a good customer, the K-1500 is getting to heavy and I give a lot of those calls away.

Anything after the first hour is $125.00 and not pro rated.
K1500 I charge $375. With camera, $575, $50 discount off camera time.

I bought the machine and cables/spools for $200 from my old master.

I rarely take longer than an hour to clean a line. After that it’s jetter time or dig time depending on what I find.

I was referred to video and cable a line within the last year. Line was open so I started with the camera. The added time to his bill would cost more than a jet job. Had a couple jobs from him since then. Small time LL.

·
Super Moderator
7,459 Posts
I unclogged a toilet today, the little kid flushed a full box of Q-tips, hair bands and as I'm pulling the auger out his t-shirt!

Took less than 10 minutes, I charged my minimum 1hr and she gave me 30$ tip. She was happy because the time prior the plumber had to pull the toilet and stuff was jammed underneath with a 700$ bill.

·
Super Moderator
7,478 Posts
I unclogged a toilet today, the little kid flushed a full box of Q-tips, hair bands and as I'm pulling the auger out his t-shirt!

Took less than 10 minutes, I charged my minimum 1hr and she gave me 30$ tip. She was happy because the time prior the plumber had to pull the toilet and stuff was jammed underneath with a 700$ bill.
Years ago, grandma watching the grand kids, 4 yo kept flushing toys. She just passed her bill on to her daughter.

Other than giant poops, my kid never flushed a toy or whatever. He knows how to use a closet auger now after DI like instruction.

·
Super Moderator
7,459 Posts
We have a local electrical/plumbing shop does drain cleaning* for $79.99. Certain exclusions apply.

Not sure how they justify it but its insanely cheap.
Probably with a bunch of hidden fees, that or they lie to them saying they need a repipe to the street. I've seen it here 4-5 times here already. It wouldn't fly here(hideen fees), so many organization would come down on them hard. Then again some scammers get away with it for a very long time.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I don't think you should set out to charge one more than the other, but I certainly think it often does work out that way for several good reasons.

For instance, if I am working in a farm house, I might only put down one drop cloth instead of running them all the way from the front door to the bathroom when bringing the old toilet out. And I can bet you I'm only using that one drop cloth to keep me clean lolz. Where as if I'm in a mcmansion with a housekeeper it's going to take me an extra 30-60mins just doing drop cloths and cleaning everything back to mint when I am done.

I would hazard a guess and say it takes longer to tile a wall when the house is new and the walls are plumb because any error will be obvious. But if you're in a blue collar home where the last homeowner did the addition himself you're just gonna slap that tile on and wipe your caulk joints a little faster.

We quit using drop clothes,now all I do is wipe bottom of bowl off and fill horn hole full of paper towels

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
We quit using drop clothes,now all I do is wipe bottom of bowl off and fill horn hole full of paper towels
I use 4'x5' drop cloths and two of them folded easily fit in my toilet bucket. Many of the homes I go into are in the multi million dollar range so doing the same thing every time is good so I don't forget to use a drop cloth when I really need it.

I usually go through a half roll of the customer's toilet paper wiping things off and I too put a ball in the bottom of the toilet if I have to move it in and out of the bathroom. Unlike paper towels or a rag if I forget to remove the ball of toilet paper it won't be a really bad clog.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts