Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have the best way to add a radiant zone to an exsisting boiler.. ive done a couple but i am looking to learn more and try different ways.
Thanks

·
Registered
71 Posts
Depends on type of boiler and type of system, no way to do it the same with every system because of different temps needed for transfer units

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its a teledyne laars.. someone piped it out like a mess i am just going to cut everything out and start fresh.. Someone added a new radiant zone and it never worked for the customer.. i never saw the set up before so i fig its just best to start from scratch..

·
Registered
584 Posts
We got a call for radiant heat not working on a new house. The plumber who installed it was nowhere to be found (and for good reason). We still are not sure exactly what he did but it appears he did all the radiant on the first and second floors in one loop right into the boiler, no manifold, no mixing valve, nothing. Who knows he might have teed off the 3/4" with 1/2" or something else wacky. We are talking about half a mile or better of radiant tubing (it's a huge house) in one loop.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds like a mess.. I wouldnt get involved but i will be doing a ton of other work in the house.. Its the same situation here i have no clue what this guy did .. .. As for your case just charge by the hour to fig it out...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts