Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Animal owners...
I've always been a dog person and never had a problem with nail trimming until last night. She didn't yelp but boy did her nail bleed. I let her outside to run a bit hoping it would clot with dirt but the ground is too cold.

Internet search gave little help
-flour, corn meal. (dip nail)
-bar of dry soap. (rake nail over)
None of theses worked

Super glue worked great and only took a min to apply, didn't seem to phase her in the least.. I just wanted to share since I see a few dog and pet owners on here, hopefully someone will benefit..

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
Been there brother. I was cutting my old Bassett hounds nails years ago, and cut too deep. Finally got it stopped with styptic powder....

Super paranoid about cutting my dogs nails to this day...wife usually does it now....

:cry:

·
Super Moderator
12,475 Posts
I did the same thing years ago to a golden retriever I had when I was a boy. Winslow yelped when I cut a little too deep on his nail. I felt really bad. It did stop bleeding, but it took a while.

·
Banned
6,035 Posts
AlbacoreShuffle said:
Ive been down that road.
We now use one of those battery operated nail grinders.
Works great !
Similar to my dremel with a drum sanding attachment on it. Lennox doesn't LOVE it, but he let's me do what needs to be done.

·
Registered
425 Posts
If the nails are left to grow too long have to go at short incriments at a time to let the blood vessels draw back.A lucky opaque nail with some backlight works sometimes to see where bloodline might be.

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
Similar to my dremel with a drum sanding attachment on it. Lennox doesn't LOVE it, but he let's me do what needs to be done.
Your dog's name is Lennox?? Get a hobby.....:laughing:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts