Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, having consistent
plumbing issues in a business I own (need to get line snaked every 7 days, toilets are clogging). Seems like the issue is an improperly installed Wye connection that's about 20-25 feet from the toilets, at least that's what I'm being told. I have the picture posted here. From what I've looked at, a wye connection should run straight, and then veer off at 45 degrees. As you can see from this picture, that doesn't appear to be the case, but rather there's a "fork" in the road and we get a buildup of toilet paper on the left side of the wye. 2 days after the pipes were snaked,

The reason why I'm posting is because my landlord is giving me a hard time, and I'd just love to gain some insight as to whether or not this fitting is installed right or not. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
Reactions: MACPLUMB777

·
Registered
4,809 Posts

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
Seriously this is my first time watching sponge bob.
Really? The old seasons had a lot of these episodes with no dialogue like the cartoons of yore.

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
I give my Girl friend something that is “hard”, she never complains..
(Thanks to a little blue friend!)
If she ever lets you down(up?) I provide 24/7 Emergency Snake Draining Services! ;)

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Hey all, having consistent View attachment 127035 plumbing issues in a business I own (need to get line snaked every 7 days, toilets are clogging). Seems like the issue is an improperly installed Wye connection that's about 20-25 feet from the toilets, at least that's what I'm being told. I have the picture posted here. From what I've looked at, a wye connection should run straight, and then veer off at 45 degrees. As you can see from this picture, that doesn't appear to be the case, but rather there's a "fork" in the road and we get a buildup of toilet paper on the left side of the wye. 2 days after the pipes were snaked,

The reason why I'm posting is because my landlord is giving me a hard time, and I'd just love to gain some insight as to whether or not this fitting is installed right or not. Thanks!

Just hire a plumber. Everybody needs a dentist, a doctor, a mechanic, a banker AND A PLUMBER! Just hire a plumber.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
Hey all, having consistent View attachment 127035 plumbing issues in a business I own (need to get line snaked every 7 days, toilets are clogging). Seems like the issue is an improperly installed Wye connection that's about 20-25 feet from the toilets, at least that's what I'm being told. I have the picture posted here. From what I've looked at, a wye connection should run straight, and then veer off at 45 degrees. As you can see from this picture, that doesn't appear to be the case, but rather there's a "fork" in the road and we get a buildup of toilet paper on the left side of the wye. 2 days after the pipes were snaked,

thats sucks, now hire a licensed plumber as you wont get any free info here...

·
Registered
1,974 Posts

That looks like a cannon ball in the pipe,dig it up and put hydraulic cement over on the left side where paper is clogging and it will divert paper in correct flow direction,eazy peazy or you can flush the hydraulic cement down the toilet with some toilet paper and it will get to the location without excavating,eazy peazy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts