Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a Rheem water heater just out of warranty. I've got a pilot that won't stay lit and my troubleshooting has led to thinking it's oxidization and I just need to open her and clean the thermocouple, as I've done for years on many different models.
This one, however, has a "sealed chamber" and I can't find any info about a replacement gasket after I open it to clean the thermocouple.
Can anybody else advise me on this ?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
7,539 Posts
So I have a Rheem water heater just out of warranty. I've got a pilot that won't stay lit and my troubleshooting has led to thinking it's oxidization and I just need to open her and clean the thermocouple, as I've done for years on many different models.
This one, however, has a "sealed chamber" and I can't find any info about a replacement gasket after I open it to clean the thermocouple.
Can anybody else advise me on this ?
Thanks in advance
Flexseal, works wonders.

·
Registered
7,539 Posts
Reactions: MACPLUMB777

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
A man jumped out of a airplane one time and as he was falling he forgot how to work his parachute,on his way down he met a man coming up,he yelled over there to the man coming up,"hey do you know anything about a parachute"?the guy answered,"No,do you know anything about lighting a gas water heater"??

in other words call a dam plumber

·
Super Moderator
10,366 Posts
Lol no I'm not, I came here cause y'all are.
Thanks

There are plumbers here that accept PayPal and Venmo for advice and information.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts