Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in the supply house earlier today and saw a Q-tite angle stop. Just slide it on like a sharkbite and it has a snap ring that sets in behind the stop so it wont "blow off". Looks like a poor design, but its the wave of the future..

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
I seen those there not in use by any plumber here that I've seen.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Not new technology by any means. Several years ago a company had come out with a plastic push pull type stop that was a push on shark bite type of design. They had a crimped on braided supply and an O ring seal. Condo and and trac home plumbers were using them.

Do I dare ask what the $ tag was?

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Those plastic ones I have seen here, there crap, I cringe when I see one, I do replace it when I have to work on said fixture.

·
Certified Lunatic
20,658 Posts
Not new technology by any means. Several years ago a company had come out with a plastic push pull type stop that was a push on shark bite type of design. They had a crimped on braided supply and an O ring seal. Condo and and trac home plumbers were using them.

Do I dare ask what the $ tag was?
Couldn't have been much...

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
You know how to remove them without cutting them off right?

·
Plumbing Contractor
971 Posts
Remove

If you are talking about acorn stops twist and pull at the same time. if it a shark bite need a removal tool shaped like a C

How did I do on answering that one?

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
No these one are white, supply line is permanent attached, front of stop is round disk like, push it straight in to shut it off, pull straight out the turn it on, or was it. vise versa. no twist needed.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
They look like these. And yes there acorn type, but a C shaped tool is not need, what to know how to remove them without a tool, that you might be talking about.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,589 Posts
They look like these. And yes there acorn type, but a C shaped tool is not need, what to know how to remove them without a tool, that you might be talking about.
Weeelllll???

I have yet to encounter one, I suspect I might never...but if ya got somethin' - SHOOT!

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Just turn them counterclockwise they will back right off the pipe, then tweak the clip that is left and remove it, thats it, the easy way to remove it.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Couldn't have been much...

I did not say they were good, I am marching to the beat of the band above on Acorn. Shark bite is not new technology by any means either. The europeans have been using it for years. Again I agree with you.

·
Banned
1,589 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
This is why I won't use compression either.

I tried sweat stops but getting the solder to take to the CPVC was causing all kinds of problems:laughing:

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
I can see an ambitious toddler discovering that :)
But first the toddler would need to disconnect the supply line at the toilet, not so sure a toddler can do such a thing like getting the supply line to be removed, he/she would be very wet real fast and would move away long before that would come fully undone.

·
Banned
1,589 Posts
This is why I won't use compression either.

I tried sweat stops but getting the solder to take to the CPVC was causing all kinds of problems:laughing:
You do realize they make CPVC stops...right?

·
Banned
1,589 Posts
But first the toddler would need to disconnect the supply line at the toilet, not so sure a toddler can do such a thing like getting the supply line to be removed, he/she would be very wet real fast and would move away long before that would come fully undone.
Not for SS braided feeds.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts