Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Our spa bath uses 25mm PVC Pressure Pipe for the bubblers and has a split in the pipe near the fitting

Can the split be repaired with something like JB water weld, Weicon Pipe Repair Kit or PVC sleeve over top or does the curved PVC pressure pipe section have to be replaced?

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
I had great success filling those split flexible pipes with Great Stuff expanding foam then augering out a new path with a sewer machine cable (small sewer machine! or you will have to refoam the pipe).

I just fill from the tub openings until the foam pushes out in other tub openings and let it cure.

Then fire up my sewer machine and clear a new path.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I have some spare expanding foam leftover after installing our recessed tiled shower base, but don't have the tool to auger the new path.
Would an outer sleeve with the expanding foam work as a permanent fix? Or be better off sticking with a 2 part plumbers epoxy putty and bandage wrap.

·
Registered
Plumber
159 Posts
I have some spare expanding foam leftover after installing our recessed tiled shower base, but don't have the tool to auger the new path.
Would an outer sleeve with the expanding foam work as a permanent fix? Or be better off sticking with a 2 part plumbers epoxy putty and bandage wrap.

View attachment 130108
I do believe you can rent a auger machine for almost nothing at Home Depot

·
Reverend, R.S.E., Master Plumber
Nice Head, what’s in the bag?
1,462 Posts
Don’t listen to these American Asshats. They hate Canadians and Brits..
You can fix the leaks with hot glue and then duct tape around once the hot glue cools to the touch…

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
The only way to fix this split is you have to use hydraulic cement,trowel on a liberal amount of hydraulic cement on and around the split,wait 10 mins and dynamite wouldn't make it leak

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
The only way to fix this split is you have to use hydraulic cement,trowel on a liberal amount of hydraulic cement on and around the split,wait 10 mins and dynamite wouldn't make it lea

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Fixed, tested, and works a treat. End up using my own method. Not sure who was for real and plus we're in lockdown.
Anyway cleaned and vacuumed PVC primer and PVC pressure pipe cement into the split (crack)
Applied a split sleeve over the crack, made from a spare piece of 25mm PVC pressure pipe with the primer and PVC cement. Then applied a second larger split sleeve over the adjoining fitting and first sleeve. That was to stop any possible leaking from the edge between that fitting and the first split sleeve.
Quick and easy to do.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Fixed, tested, and works a treat. End up using my own method. Not sure who was for real and plus we're in lockdown.
Anyway cleaned and vacuumed PVC primer and PVC pressure pipe cement into the split (crack)
Applied a split sleeve over the crack, made from a spare piece of 25mm PVC pressure pipe with the primer and PVC cement. Then applied a second larger split sleeve over the adjoining fitting and first sleeve. That was to stop any possible leaking from the edge between that fitting and the first split sleeve.
Quick and easy to do.
View attachment 130121
You have broken the law,when it leaks and destroys the floor and walls Insurance will not pay cause a licensed plumber didn’t do the repair,you have officially screwed yourself

·
Registered
13 Posts
Are you for real ?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts