Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is a 3x3x3x2x2 Charlotte 418 fitting.
It is leaking and I cannot find this fitting in stock anywhere. Any suggestions?
I am NOT a plumber. I work for a licensed Plumbing Company and this was a hot topic yesterday at work. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for another way around this if we cannot get that 3x3x3x2x2? I would like to go to work Monday and at the very least, sound somewhat knowledgeable! LOL
Thanks for your help,
Maureen

Attachments

·
Registered
6,714 Posts
......... Any suggestions?
I am NOT a plumber............
This site is only for plumbers. Have one of your coworkers who is a plumber come here, post a thorough introduction in the appropriate thread, and then they can ask for our help.

I will mention, you should call the manufacturer.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
So this is a 3x3x3x2x2 Charlotte 418 fitting.
It is leaking and I cannot find this fitting in stock anywhere. Any suggestions?
I am NOT a plumber. I work for a licensed Plumbing Company and this was a hot topic yesterday at work. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for another way around this if we cannot get that 3x3x3x2x2? I would like to go to work Monday and at the very least, sound somewhat knowledgeable! LOL
Thanks for your help,
Maureen
Here you go. P418-338 - Spears P418-338 - 3" PVC DWV Sanitary Tee w/ 2" R and L Side Inlets

Or here looks like it's in stock. P418-338 | 3X3X3X2X2 PVC DWV SAN/TEE W/L&R-SDE INLT | (PG:051)
Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
philosopher and statesmen
7,840 Posts
i got dozens of those....
they have been sitting on a shelf since about 1982

That looks like a stress crack to me from settling and years of service....

you do realize its gonna be a fooking mess to cut that pig out of
that cavity--- tell that to the boys at work on monday....

say something like ---go get em boys..... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
All you need to do is fill the crack with a liberal amount of hydraulic cement and it will never leak again,or heat plastic up until it is flowing hot and cover crack with molten plastic,both ways work equally well and are eazy peazy

·
philosopher and statesmen
7,840 Posts
All you need to do is fill the crack with a liberal amount of hydraulic cement and it will never leak again,or heat plastic up until it is flowing hot and cover crack with molten plastic,both ways work equally well and are eazy peazy

Seriously???? Are you blowing smoke up that poor ladies ass here?/ PVC does not melt that way.......
now that is just evil and wicked advice to give someone...

I might go as far as to tell her to dry out the fitting with a heat gun and then you could seal that crack with a whole tube of silicone
and a rubber glove and smear it on real thick al around l the joint and let it set up for a day or two before using.

I have had to do this in rental properties before.. because the landlord was a cheap ass...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts