Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Pipes & pucks
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I was bored last night and felt like pushing buttons. I was working on a bid for a restaurant, and there is about 100' of welded gas pipe on the job. I don't weld all that well, definitely not well enough for gas piping, so I'll sub that part out. I lined someone up & got his number in my bid, so I'm all taken care of.

Then it hit me. I wonder if my old boss would price the job for me?? He's got pipe welders, at least one who could weld a jack on a trailer, let's see if he will give me a price. I e-mailed him and asked if I could subcontract some work to him, so far no answer. Color me shocked :whistling2:

I guess his company policy that no employees of his company are permitted to have any communication with me is still in place. :laughing:

·
Banned
4,341 Posts
hroark2112 said:
I guess his company policy that no employees of his company are permitted to have any communication with me is still in place. :laughing:
:laughing:

That's kinda cold hearted.

·
Banned
4,341 Posts
hroark2112 said:
Eh, I'll let a buddy make some $$ on it, he'll weld it all up for me and I'll make my cut on it.

Oh...wait!! I can bump the pressure up and use CSST!!! There's a GREAT idea!!

:thumbup:
Don't froget to use the proper sharkbites with it :laughing:

·
8,104 Posts
I took 24 guy's from our area to a couple of projects in Co. in '98. My old boss still is not my friend, talk about holding a grudge...

·
Banned
4,341 Posts
hroark2112 said:
I'll do it all right, I'll use silicone.

I'm not some kind of hack, you know...
A real hack mixes putty and silicone together. Adds a little extra strength.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts