new nickname:Quaker State
1,204 Posts
clever :thumbsup:

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My main supplier does not carry a 1" hub x 3/4" MIP adapter in sch.80

I'm also redoing a pressure vacuum breaker loop in sch.40. HO was hassling me about price so I gave him 2 options. sch40 and 80. He went with sch.40. I told him it should really be sch.80 because it's in such a vulnerable position. I also explained that the lawn guys love running into VB loops. He wants the cheap rout, so be it then.

What was all that schedule 80 talk?

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Protech's tip of the day

They also don't carry sch.80 "irrigation tees" aka 1" hub x 1" hub x 1/2" FIP tee. I figured out a workaround though. You just Teflon the living heck out of the boiler drain and thread it in hand tight. Before you do that you put a 1" pex crimp ring on the middle leg of the tee hub. After hand tightening, you crimp the ring down and it acts like a reinforcement ring. After crimping give the boiler drain a 1/4 to 1/2 turn.

My main supplier does not carry a 1" hub x 3/4" MIP adapter in sch.80

I'm also redoing a pressure vacuum breaker loop in sch.40. HO was hassling me about price so I gave him 2 options. sch40 and 80. He went with sch.40. I told him it should really be sch.80 because it's in such a vulnerable position. I also explained that the lawn guys love running into VB loops. He wants the cheap rout, so be it then.

Attachments

·
Jonrandallplumbing.com
73 Posts
I mean no pipe dope smeared all over.... gauges......arrows.....can tell you take pride in your work

Reactions: Protech

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Now that I'm thinking about it, I think 3/4" brass nipples going into some 1" x 3/4" brass bushings going into some sch.80 PVC FIP adaptors would be stronger than those sch.40 reducer adaptors I've got on there now. (I'm talking about the PRV setup)

It won't look as clean but it will be mechanically stronger. What say you?

·
Jonrandallplumbing.com
73 Posts
Protech, is the prv job a replacement job or new?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts