Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
But does GMC make a work truck with a tall cargo area? I'm about ready to pull the trigger on a new Dodge Promaster 2500, but now you guys have got me re-thinking things. I am tired of stooping over in my Chevy van, I need a tall cargo area where I can stand up. But I want my vehicle to stand up over time too.

New Promaster 2500's are listing for $41,980.
Do not,I repeat do not go with a dodge,I had a dodge gas utility bed truck and it was total junk,stayed tore up

·
Registered
196 Posts
But does GMC make a work truck with a tall cargo area? I'm about ready to pull the trigger on a new Dodge Promaster 2500, but now you guys have got me re-thinking things. I am tired of stooping over in my Chevy van, I need a tall cargo area where I can stand up. But I want my vehicle to stand up over time too.

It's front wheel drive. That alone disqualifies it for me. I don't own one but everyone that does seems to like the Ford Transit.

·
Super Moderator
9,022 Posts

No more dodges here that I see, the ones I do see are sitting in people's yard rotting away.

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
No more dodges here that I see, the ones I do see are sitting in people's yard rotting away.
Dodge has had horrible steel for decades.

Reactions: MACPLUMB777

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Not many around here. My fiancé’s uncle drives one, he does heating and boilers. He hates his with a passion. He says in snow/ice/mud/rain it’s scary. Only two companies around here drive them.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have a transit 2500 mid roof I bought for my main new construction guy. And we both love it. I bought it used with 35,000 miles for $24,000 a few years ago. I'll be damned if can find another one like it for anywhere near that money. We've opted to ride our old Econolines into the ground at least until prices hopefully level off when pvc comes back to reality. Only issue is they are not great in the snow. And they catch alot of wind especially going over bridges.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
............ We've opted to ride our old Econolines into the ground at least until prices hopefully level off when pvc comes back to reality. Only issue is they are not great in the snow.........
My Econoline does catch a lot of wind but it has a ton of stuff on the rack. I disagree about being bad in the snow though. Sure when they aren't loaded much like any rear wheel drive vehicle the tail can whip out, but my work van is at the weight limit and I never worry about sliding in the snow, plenty of traction.

What kind of tires do you have? Get studded tires and it won't matter what vehicle you're driving. You can't beat studs.

Reactions: MACPLUMB777
21 - 27 of 27 Posts