Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Lift Station Whisperer
404 Posts
Does anyone flush a cord down to the next cleanout and then pull the camera down the line?
I have before. Really only works in PVC lines, and those are usually slick enough the run the camera anyways.

I'm in East Texas, home of Tyler Pipe. So there's cast everywhere.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I have before. Really only works in PVC lines, and those are usually slick enough the run the camera anyways.

Ha! I had to look up Tyler Pipe. Thank you for that.
Yeah cast is not easy on cameras. Can really reduce the distance you are able to push. We have the HDPE jacket on the rod which makes it somewhat more durable and almost "slick." to the touch. Easier to push, but cast is a pig no matter what.

·
Registered
Lift Station Whisperer
404 Posts
Ha! I had to look up Tyler Pipe. Thank you for that.
Yeah cast is not easy on cameras. Can really reduce the distance you are able to push. We have the HDPE jacket on the rod which makes it somewhat more durable and almost "slick." to the touch. Easier to push, but cast is a pig no matter what.
I find it's usually the camera head that hangs. We're running Ridgid/Kollman reels now. We retired the Hawthornes due to age and lack of local support.

·
Registered
4,161 Posts

Hey, I grew up there! East Texas is beautiful. Nothing, I mean nothing beats miles of bluebonnets and Indian paintbrushes together.

Flower Plant Plant community Ecoregion People in nature

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
I find it's usually the camera head that hangs. We're running Ridgid/Kollman reels now. We retired the Hawthornes due to age and lack of local support.
Where are you located? - D'oh, just read the following threads. Our repair center is in Rockwall, about 1.25 hrs away if you find yourself using the Hathorns again.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Taping a flex-shaft with the camera a foot or 2 behind it gives you great extra stiffness for pushing long distances and lets you clear the way for the camera head while you're at it. Got to have a decent flex shaft machine obviously. Never tried the flushing the cord down from an upstream clean out and pulling the camera through, never had occasion to need to do that so far but it sounds like it would work maybe?

21 - 29 of 29 Posts