Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
I aint CPV see in it?
4,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think of this line of plumbing products, that Fergusons is so overly eager to put there name and logo on the box? I know they have been out for a while, just wanted some outsider opinions on it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Good to know you Rockstar. Glad your part of this group and I respect your opinions. After all, if a man has no respect he has nothing....

Look forward to bantering back and forth in the future...:thumbsup:

trout lake

·
Banned
1,595 Posts
What do you guys think of this line of plumbing products, that Fergusons is so overly eager to put there name and logo on the box? I know they have been out for a while, just wanted some outsider opinions on it.

My rep from Ferguson gave me all the fliers a few months ago but I haven't used the products. They're very inexpensive, I would like to find out who actually makes the stuff, do you know?

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
One word,

Not

·
I aint CPV see in it?
4,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My rep from Ferguson gave me all the fliers a few months ago but I haven't used the products. They're very inexpensive, I would like to find out who actually makes the stuff, do you know?

They havent hit the shelves yet in your area? they have been out here for quite some time. I believe that there tub and shower vavles are made by B&K, the toilets by mansfeild, the lav faucets and all the other(garbage) not sure about.

·
I aint CPV see in it?
4,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good to know you Rockstar. Glad your part of this group and I respect your opinions. After all, if a man has no respect he has nothing....

Look forward to bantering back and forth in the future...:thumbsup:

trout lake
Your reply is somewhat confusing and a lil off topic. Care to retort?

·
AKA house plumber
3,560 Posts
Their cut sheets for their wall hung lavs suck. I put a zurn carrier for one in an Arby's last week. The way they did their measurements are much different from everyone else.

·
Banned
1,595 Posts
They havent hit the shelves yet in your area? they have been out here for quite some time. I believe that there tub and shower vavles are made by B&K, the toilets by mansfeild, the lav faucets and all the other(garbage) not sure about.

Yea they're here, just haven't tried any. My rep dropped off the fliers, I guess he's trying to push them on me.

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Used to have some problems with the china--not so much anymore. Ferguson by me is very customer oriented. Ive worked with them over 20 years. All faucets in that pricepoint are garbage but theyll return for me if needed. $40 lav fct using delta parts. Not my 1st choice ever for china or anything else. They are labelling basket strainers etc under proflo.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I was about to post that as well Still. Everytime a homeowner goes in there to pick out fixtures the showroom girls always pass off their ProFlo lines. The strainers are junk, the lavs won't hold up to anything being remotely dropped on them and the faucets are cheap. I hate to cut the showroom girls out of any commission but I do change their bids when they spec that stuff.

·
I aint CPV see in it?
4,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The water closets suck and are cheap. I can get a basic elongated Gerber for the same price at my other supply house. They have there name on, p-traps,wax rings, supply lines, stops, escuseons, basket strainers, sump pump, 110 grinder pumps, whirlpool tubs. Last whirlpool tube I set, had to change it out, POS leaked in 4 differnt places on the jet pipings, and through the fiberglass somewhere.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Ferguson tried to get us to change to their ProFlo water closets as well. We let them know that we could still drop ship our usual water closets for about the same price and have a much better product. However, once again, their showroom still tries to cram it down the HO mouth.

·
I aint CPV see in it?
4,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yea, I have to say that our Fergusons here have a bunch of young dumbasses behind a counter. They have no problem selling stuff to a DIYer either. Can't tell you how many times i have waited over 20 minutes so the young buck good find a part from a regular old walkin, meanwhile, me the account holder with them sits and waits. BS. Total Bs.
Now I have another supplyer based out of GA here, guys at the counter there have been there a while. They know there stuff, they get you in and out as fast as possible.

·
every tool is a hammer
4,304 Posts
There is a supply house about a mile from our shop and one mile from some of our big industrial customers, but I hate to use them. They never let me talk to the guys at the counter, I gotta go thru a salesperson. I ask them for Brasscraft 1/4 turn angle stops and they ask me if I know the number. Unless I have their catalog in my lap when I order, it's dicey. My favorite supply house is about 15 minutes further, but it's independent, the prices are right there, and they all know what the hell I am talking about. I usually order from them, because I am the clock when I go get the stuff anyway. They have any configuration of Chicago faucets you want, they will make it up for you, right there. I use them except on new construction. They aren't computerized, so takeoffs take a long time to get priced for bid.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have been using the Pro Flo supply lines for a few years now without any problems. I installed a cheap two handle Pro Flo kitchen faucet to try it out one day. Even for a budget job, I will never supply another one again.

·
I aint CPV see in it?
4,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have had many problems with there toilet supplys at my previous employer before i went out on my own. I have installed tons of that garbage for them. there tubular p traps for lavs and kitchen sinks is about all the pro-flo i will ever use.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts