Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

Prices on gas openings

3K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  plumber1a 
#1 ·
Just wondering what are the going rates on gas openings. Wanting to see were I am at on pricing, if to high or low. Thanks for your input

#6 ·
I saw a place where it was 1.35!!
Thats right, one dollar and thirty five cents!

For the most part I heard on the radio where the gas companies were going to ask congress to allow them to raise the tax on gas. Go figure, prices drop, but they will still get their money no matter how you look at it.

#15 ·
I saw a place where it was 1.35!!
Thats right, one dollar and thirty five cents!

For the most part I heard on the radio where the gas companies were going to ask congress to allow them to raise the tax on gas. Go figure, prices drop, but they will still get their money no matter how you look at it.

Do I understand what your saying here?
The gas comp. wants to raise tax?

#11 ·
A gas opening is the term we use as far as how many openings are in a house. Fireplace, stove, space heater, and water heater for example, would be Four openings. With that being said, when we price a new house for example @ 350 a opening would be 1400.00 hundred dollars for the job. I no that existing houses prices can be different depending the scope of the job. General Contractors here want to no the price per opening, the same as with roughing one in. Rough in prices in my area are between 425 and 500 a opening. So a 12 opening house will price at say 5,400 @ 450 a opening. Now that is copper water pipe, no fixtures furnished, and no sewer hook up or water line from street. If the house is a slab, then we will figure slab charges, and other charges also. I like extras!!!!!! It is sure not a big money turner, but when you do one right after the other, it kinda helps. But the housing market has crashed for the last year and half. So that has pushed me into starting service work. Was wondering how some of yall price gas jobs. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.