Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am stumped with this pressure issue. Here is the configuration and info:
Well system providing 100 homes, our home is the very last one on the lines. Water company provides us with a consistent 40-50 lbs of pressure through a 1" line. The run from the meter to the house is 350' and has 3 "T"'s coming off of to suplpy landscape watering. Pressure gauge at 40' into our property shows 40-50 lbs, same as meter pressure. All pipe is PVC.
The end of the incoming line supplies the house through a 3/4" pipe coming up from the ground. There is a pressure gauge at this point and it is consistent with the pressure gauge that is 350' away. The pipe then goes to a one-way valve and into a new Simer 4075ss prerssure pump. The incoming 3/4" goes to a 1" section for the one-way valve and into the Simer. Out of the pressure pump is also 1" running up to a centrifugal separator and then into a whole house 10 micron spun element. Coming out of the filter the pipe then drops to 3/4" and there is a pressure gauge. At this point the pipe goes into a 2 cf charcoal filter, then directly into a dual tank 9100sxt Fleck water softener. Coming back out of the softener the pipe then supplies the house through 3/4" pipe. Directly past the charcoal filter there is a "T" that runs to supply the front yard with un-softened water, but charcoal filtered.
Here is the problem. The Simer pump provides 40 lbs of pressure on top of incoming pressure. If I shut off the water just after the whole house filter, the Simer will provide a solid 40+ lbs on top of incoming pressure. But the minute I open the valve to supply the house or front yard, the pressure at the filter gauge drops to 9-11 lbs and will not rise above that even though the incoming pressure before the Simer shows to be 45 lbs. And the pressure in the house and garden is ridiculous, at 9-11 lbs. While this is happening I can go to the back of the property and open a watering hose and get 40-50 lbs of solid pressure. Yet at the front, after the pump the pressure is near zero.
I also tried just leaving the pump off and seeing what happens---but the same thing occurs: after the water filter the pressure is 9-11 lbs. while still showing 40-50 at the incoming gauge.
Stumped!!

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
Yes.

Reactions: MACPLUMB777
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.